inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tusk by Fleetwood Mac

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 01/04/06 at 10:14 pm

That song is kind of unusual  & scary. I dont understand it. Are those sounds in the background supposed to be elephants or something?

Subject: Re: Tusk by Fleetwood Mac

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 01/04/06 at 10:45 pm

I love this song. Its one of their most adventurous songs. Very underrated. It has a strange tribal feel to it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/05/06 at 12:59 pm

Great song. That is just one of those songs that you just have to crank (the louder the better). My step-son-in-law was in the USC marching band when they redid it for the 10th (?) anniversery of the song. Can't remember what instrument he played.

Cat

Written By: KKay on 01/05/06 at 1:26 pm

yeah! its a great song...
I can see how the vocal is kind of creepy...I'm not sure what he wanted to accomplish, but it's just another one of those Lindsay Buckinham stalker-sounding songs.
I love the marching band..and I thinkn the elephant sound is just another Buckinham-ism/

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/05/06 at 4:44 pm

If you listen closely, you can hear someone say, "Real savage like".  ;D

Cat

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 01/05/06 at 5:04 pm

Yes I've always noticed the person saying "Real Savage Like".  So are those supposed to be elephant sounds in the background or what kind of animal?

Written By: KKay on 01/05/06 at 5:37 pm

If you listen closely, you can hear someone say, "Real savage like".  ;D

Cat

I've always heard that..
I dont' know anything about the elephant sounds...
it makes a good driving song!

Written By: Banks on 01/06/06 at 4:18 am

I LOVE Fleetwood Mac!!! And I LOVE this song.

Here is a little bit of info aboutu the song:

The song came from a jam that Mick Fleetwood and Buckingham would play when warming up in the studio. Mick Fleetwood had the idea to use a marching band when he was in Europe and awoke with a hang over in a small town to the sounds of a marching band going through the town. The title, according to John McVie, was to point out the bands leanings towards ecology, although only John had those leanings. The 'real' story, according to some, is that Tusk is what Mick Fleetwood called his penis from time to time. The song containes the voices of all the band members, pluus technicians and anyone who was in the studio at the time. You can hear someone (apparently Lindsay Buckingham) giving people instruuctions on how to sing the song.

Hope this sheds some light om a great song.

AN

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 01/16/06 at 9:14 am

Like they say "Real Savage Like" what does that phrase mean?

Check for new replies or respond here...