inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fernwood Tonight with Martin Mull

Written By: zotsfreak on 01/05/06 at 9:12 am

Who else liked this show? (Later called America Tonight). Martin Mull was great on this very underrated show; it was extremely humorous as long as you

Subject: Re: Fernwood Tonight with Martin Mull

Written By: KKay on 01/05/06 at 9:27 am

I actually think it is out on DVD... you should search the web. I"m pretty sure I saw it in a specialty shop...wasn't fernwood the town where Mary Hartman Mary Hartman took place?
anyway, both were hilarious and I"d love to get my hands on dvds of either.

Written By: zotsfreak on 01/05/06 at 9:38 am

wasn't fernwood the town where Mary Hartman Mary Hartman took place?

Yep! It was a MHMH spinoff. (Along with "Forever Fernwood")

Written By: whistledog on 01/05/06 at 10:35 am

I remember this show.  I used to watch re-runs of it all the time in the 80's :)

Written By: KKay on 01/05/06 at 10:43 am

I enjoy Martin Mull in everything he's done.
His smug attitude is so great; what else do you like him in?

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/05/06 at 12:30 pm

It was a good show. Odd, I must say.

Written By: KKay on 01/05/06 at 12:39 pm

It was a good show. Odd, I must say.

off topic: Tanya, your beatles picture is rotating in time to the music I'm listening to and it's really funny...
"heart of the country" by paul mccartney..

Written By: kairi747 on 01/22/06 at 12:56 pm

oh my gosh!  i loved fernwood tonight!  they had some very unusual guests on that show!  also, the bandleader, Happy Kyne  of Happy Kyne and the Mirth Makers was really Frank DeVol who wrote the Brady Bunch theme song.  He was also in the Brady Bunch episode with the talent show. 

anyway, mull played Barth Gimble and his sidekick was fred hubbard as jerry - did he have a last name?

funny show!  :D

Written By: ishmechmahar on 03/27/06 at 1:52 am

This is awesome! I love Fernwood Tonight sooooo much and none of my friends have heard of it before. I have old vhs copies of the shows that my dad made in the 80's and they're kinda in rough shape so does anybody know if they are available anywhere?

Written By: Brad Aspey on 08/13/09 at 3:51 pm

Re: "Fernwood Tonight," can anyone tell me who the singing comedy duo was on that show that sang, "That's a Funny Place to Kiss a Girl?" One of the lines of the song is, "I said goodbye, I tipped my hat, then I kissed her where she sat."

It was two men and I think both played guitar.

I used to have an LP by them and can't find a single clue on the internet. Another title on the record was, "Marijuana, Wild Women & Sweet Apple Wine."

Written By: beckola on 08/17/09 at 3:27 pm

Loved this show, best enjoyed with fresh herb.  :D Even had a Martin Mull album. Fred Willard is a comedic genius to this day.

Subject: Fernwood Tonight with Martin Mull

Written By: D.duell on 08/27/09 at 6:51 am

Ill be watching
I was told Melissa from The Bachelor is replacing Mary ODell. Have you heard anything about that? I havent had much time today to do any web searching.

Written By: whistledog on 08/30/09 at 8:37 pm

Fred Willard is a comedic genius to this day.

Indeed!

One of the funniest things Fred Willard ever did was his bits on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno where he usually played Willard Fredricks.  I hope they keep using him whwn Leno premiers his new show

Check for new replies or respond here...