inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: favorite taxi episode

Written By: snozberries on 01/14/06 at 11:08 am

Writing about Jeff Conaway got me thinking about my favorite Taxi Episode

It's the one where Jim is taking the test to get his license and the other cabbies go with him.
Iggy gets stuck on a question and looks to his friends for help.

IGGY: What does the yellow light mean?
"Slow down."
IGGY: Wh-at do-es the yel-low light me-an?
Whispers: slow down
IGGY:(looking down at the test)  Wwwwhhhhaaaatttt doooeeessss the (looking down again) yellllllooooowwwww liiiigggghhhtt mmmmeeaaannnn!

OMG it is so hilarious!  ;D

Subject: Re: favorite taxi episode

Written By: vinyl lover on 01/14/06 at 1:33 pm

that is the classic episode of a great show.Now that you mentioned this series im going to get it on dvd.Another good episode was when latka got an apartment not thinking the 2000 dollars was only for one month.The apartment was cool,it also came with a maid!

Written By: ADH13 on 01/14/06 at 2:17 pm

I remember liking one where everybody was singing some really common song... although now I can't remember any details. :-\\

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/14/06 at 4:58 pm

The one where Latka takes on an alter-ego as a smooth talking suave, cool guy and i can't remember the alter-ego's name.

Written By: whistledog on 01/14/06 at 5:03 pm

It's hard to choose a favourite, but I think the one where Louie brings a Pac-Man arcade into the garage ... Jim pops in his first quarter, and within the first few secondes, you hear the sound of Pac-Man dying three times!  Threafter, Jim gets hooked, so come pay day, Louie gives Jim his pay in a bag of quarters  ;D

I also liked that one where Ted Danson played a gay hairstylist and gave Elaine a really awful hairstyle, so in the end, Louie gets revenge on the guy  ;D

Written By: vinyl lover on 03/18/06 at 12:29 am

latka's alter-ego was named tony clifton!

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/19/06 at 12:31 am

Man I haven't watched Taxi in a looooong time.

Which episode was it where Louie(Danny DeVito) went over to Mary Lou Henner(can't remember her character's name)'s apartment and he needed her to do something for him or something like that and he gets down on his hands and knees begging her?  He's always such a wise@ss I remember laughing very hard at that part because it's so funny to see him like that.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/19/06 at 1:08 am

latka's alter-ego was named tony clifton!
right, Tony Clifton was a character he performed on stage in costume , but I'm not referring to that. It's in one episode something triggers a Buddy Love type temporary change in him, and he becomes a smooth talking jerk, and then something triggers his change back to Latka and he's not aware of the change.

Written By: FHAHSFFLAKS on 03/19/06 at 6:14 pm

right, Tony Clifton was a character he performed on stage in costume , but I'm not referring to that. It's in one episode something triggers a Buddy Love type temporary change in him, and he becomes a smooth talking jerk, and then something triggers his change back to Latka and he's not aware of the change.

Vic Ferrari

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/20/06 at 12:17 am

Vic Ferrari
right on, thanks, thats the one.  nice work

Written By: vinyl lover on 03/29/06 at 9:55 am

Man I haven't watched Taxi in a looooong time.

Which episode was it where Louie(Danny DeVito) went over to Mary Lou Henner(can't remember her character's name)'s apartment and he needed her to do something for him or something like that and he gets down on his hands and knees begging her?  He's always such a wise@ss I remember laughing very hard at that part because it's so funny to see him like that.
i think he got caught looking at elaine thru a peephole when she was changing at work, then she got him fired somehow.He went to her apartment to ask her to get his job back because the boss said it was up to her!

Check for new replies or respond here...