inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Summer of 42

Written By: Sunflower on 01/16/06 at 10:57 pm

Anyone remember the movie "Summer of 42". I happened to catch it on cable this weekend. Anyone know what ever happened to the actor Gary Grimes. He did a few more movies but seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth.

Subject: Re: Summer of 42

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/17/06 at 3:22 pm

I remember the movie. Loved the theme song. Beautiful peice.

Cat

Written By: vinyl lover on 01/27/06 at 10:13 pm

i remember that movie...i liked it alot...the actor did a lot of disney movies of the week..remember the wonderful world of disney?he did about 7 of those..he did the movie "gus" a donkey who played the kicker on a football team..he did the sequel of 42..the summer of 44..and he also did a brady bunch episode dealing with tiger the dog..nowadays i dont know what he does..sorry

Written By: Michael C. on 02/13/09 at 11:46 pm

A great Movie.
The photography was excellent.The Music memorable.The acting seemed very real and honest.

Written By: coqueta83 on 02/14/09 at 12:03 am

My dad rented this movie many years ago, and I remember how much I loved it. Hopefully I'll get to see it again someday.  :)

Written By: Michael C. on 02/14/09 at 12:30 am

Luckily it's readily available on DVD now.

My dad rented this movie many years ago, and I remember how much I loved it. Hopefully I'll get to see it again someday.  :)

Written By: gibbo on 02/14/09 at 6:08 pm

It came out when I was 11 ....but I didn't actually get to see it until I was 15 or 16. I absolutely fell for Jennifer O'Neill in the role of wife whose husband went off to war. Sigh...I had wished it could happen to me...... ::)

Grimes starred in the sequel 'Class of '44' and was in 'Cahill - US Marshall' (with John Wayne). Other than those fils I can't recall him in anything else..

Written By: coqueta83 on 02/14/09 at 8:25 pm

Luckily it's readily available on DVD now.

Cool! I'll check it out sometime.  :)

Written By: Michael C. on 02/15/09 at 10:24 am

He was really good in the 70's Film The Spikes Gangwith Lee Marvin , Ron Howard & Charles Martin Smith.
It really deserves a DVD release !
It came out when I was 11 ....but I didn't actually get to see it until I was 15 or 16. I absolutely fell for Jennifer O'Neill in the role of wife whose husband went off to war. Sigh...I had wished it could happen to me...... ::)

Grimes starred in the sequel 'Class of '44' and was in 'Cahill - US Marshall' (with John Wayne). Other than those fils I can't recall him in anything else..

Check for new replies or respond here...