inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Name this 70s(maybe80s) movie

Written By: billyclub222 on 01/23/06 at 9:46 pm

I never got the name of this movie but here is all I remember about it. Some guy with curly blond hair (kinda looked like the singer from Nickelback lol), him and his friend were being questioned by a cop somewhere on a dust/dirt road, and it looked like the two guys were either swimming or something because they both had towels warped around them. While the cop was talking to them, he said to them "Well, why the hell didn't you do something??" -- and the blond guy said "I was scared"...cop says "...what??" -- then he gets mad and shouts at the cop "I WAS SCARED!!!" -- then the cop smacks him in the face and said "You one frightened little boy?  Huh? <smacked again> You one frientened little boy?"

Two scenes later the blond guy raped some girl. I think it might have been that cop's daughter. That's all I remember. I had only seen this movie once about 12 years ago, but I could tell it was an older movie by the film quality. It was on USA's late night movie slot. It could have been a horror movie...kinda sounds like it...thanks...

Subject: Re: Name this 70s(maybe80s) movie

Written By: billyclub222 on 01/24/06 at 11:24 pm

Is there another message board / forum where I can post this question?
Thanks.

Written By: billyclub222 on 01/28/06 at 10:26 pm

bump

Written By: mrgazpacho on 01/28/06 at 11:49 pm

Sorry dude, can't think of a single helpful thing for ya...

Written By: Michael C. on 02/13/09 at 11:43 pm

It's 1971's Billy Jack.
Billy makes the kid who poured flour on the Indians,drive His sportscar into a lake.The kid later rapes Billy's Friend who runs the freedom school.

I never got the name of this movie but here is all I remember about it. Some guy with curly blond hair (kinda looked like the singer from Nickelback lol), him and his friend were being questioned by a cop somewhere on a dust/dirt road, and it looked like the two guys were either swimming or something because they both had towels warped around them. While the cop was talking to them, he said to them "Well, why the hell didn't you do something??" -- and the blond guy said "I was scared"...cop says "...what??" -- then he gets mad and shouts at the cop "I WAS SCARED!!!" -- then the cop smacks him in the face and said "You one frightened little boy?  Huh? <smacked again> You one frientened little boy?"

Two scenes later the blond guy raped some girl. I think it might have been that cop's daughter. That's all I remember. I had only seen this movie once about 12 years ago, but I could tell it was an older movie by the film quality. It was on USA's late night movie slot. It could have been a horror movie...kinda sounds like it...thanks...

Written By: Capt Quirk on 02/14/09 at 7:33 am

I don't think it was Billy Jack. The kid who did the raping, his Father owned the town and the cops, so the cop wouldn't have been smacking him around.

Written By: Michael C. on 02/14/09 at 9:08 am

Watch this clip......
It's got to be Billy Jack....
Even the dialogue is the same....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMqLuNSPRTQ

I don't think it was Billy Jack. The kid who did the raping, his Father owned the town and the cops, so the cop wouldn't have been smacking him around.

Written By: Capt Quirk on 02/14/09 at 10:12 am

Sorry, but I still don't think it is Billy Jack.

Written By: Michael C. on 02/14/09 at 10:25 am

I'm not trying to be all antagonistic......but If there is another Film out there with a curly haired Kid,wet,wrapped in a towel,with a Cop standing there,then the dialogue stated {in the previous post}is repeated...verbatim...then the Kid rapes a Woman...... Billy Jack's Writer/Director/Star should sue for plagiarism.Because as You saw in the clip I posted...billyclub222 described that scene exactly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMqLuNSPRTQ

Sorry, but I still don't think it is Billy Jack.

Written By: Capt Quirk on 02/14/09 at 11:06 am

I'm not trying to be antagonistic either, but there are enough discrepancies that make me think it is something else. The OP's memory (or lack thereof) of the movie make it hard to nail down the exact film, but they did say two kids in towels. Clearly, there was just the one in that scene from Billy Jack. My memory is a bit foggy too, I haven't seen it in many years, and I know he had his own group of friends to get into trouble with, but that clip only had him by himself. Intellectual Property is a sticky wicket, and a lot of movies share similar scenes.

Written By: Michael C. on 02/14/09 at 11:47 am

Well...I was sold on Billy Jack based on His description of the dialogue.....Or ...Who knows....maybe He's mixing Billy Jack with another Film?

I'm not trying to be antagonistic either, but there are enough discrepancies that make me think it is something else. The OP's memory (or lack thereof) of the movie make it hard to nail down the exact film, but they did say two kids in towels. Clearly, there was just the one in that scene from Billy Jack. My memory is a bit foggy too, I haven't seen it in many years, and I know he had his own group of friends to get into trouble with, but that clip only had him by himself. Intellectual Property is a sticky wicket, and a lot of movies share similar scenes.

Written By: Capt Quirk on 02/14/09 at 11:58 am

I agree, it's close, but not close enough to sell me. That is the thing about old memories, they tend to get diluted with other memories.

Written By: Michael C. on 02/14/09 at 12:00 pm

So true,Capt.

I agree, it's close, but not close enough to sell me. That is the thing about old memories, they tend to get diluted with other memories.

Written By: Capt Quirk on 02/14/09 at 12:05 pm

So true,Capt.
Tell me about it... *sigh*

Check for new replies or respond here...