inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Looks what's become of the Village People Cop!

Written By: KKay on 01/26/06 at 8:08 am

I hate this.. why do the great always fall?

Village People cop skips hearing
REDWOOD CITY, California (AP) -- Victor Willis, the original policeman in '70s disco band the Village People, skipped a court hearing where he was due to be sentenced on drug and gun charges and now faces more than three years in prison, prosecutors said.

Willis, 54, had been scheduled to surrender Tuesday after four months on the run but he failed to show up for the hearing in San Mateo County Superior Court, prosecutors said. It was his second no-show.

He was facing a maximum of 16 months in state prison after pleading no contest to charges he had cocaine and a loaded handgun when he was arrested in Daly City in July. Prosecutors said he was on probation for another cocaine conviction at the time.

Subject: Re: Looks what's become of the Village People Cop!

Written By: Carl on 01/26/06 at 9:27 am

I always hate hearing stories like this, I agree. But, stars, current or former, are only human  :-\\

Written By: KKay on 01/26/06 at 9:30 am

Aren't the Village People a group of guys that all seemed like good guys?  Was it an image?
I know when people sink low they do what they can, good or bad, to get up but sooo many celebrities are
in jail or rehab or both...
this really bothering me today.
I thought he was a good guy.

Written By: spaceace on 01/26/06 at 3:46 pm

I know of alot of cases where "stars" who are out of the limelight become depressed and start to do drugs.  It's quite hard when a person asked themself "What happen? Why is no one asking for my autograph?" A fallen ego like that is dangerous and sometimes deadly.

Written By: Banks on 01/27/06 at 11:38 pm

:\'(

Its so sad.

I was, and still am, a HUGE Village People fan. I have a heap of their singles and a few albums, as well as the movie and soundtrack Cant Stop The Music. I dont think the original policeman in the line-up was in the movie and may have only been on one album and a few singles.

I think his biggest problem is that most people who werent fans of the group back in the day wouldnt even know or even realise that they changed policemen and wouldnt realise that he was a part of the group at one stage.

Id probably not recognised him now due to age, but had I known who is was, I wouldve definately asked for an autograph and a photo with him.

Its so sad to see the great fall. But, as Carl said, he, like all stars (current and former) is only human. He has made a few mistakes, and will probably pay for them sooner or later.

Its sad to hear.

:(

AN

Check for new replies or respond here...