inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Song Artist - ?? Graham ??

Written By: Nesman on 01/31/06 at 1:13 pm

I remember having an old Ktel record with a singer on it by the last or first name Graham.  I think the song he sang was called 'Can I Come Near' or at least it had the lyrics "can I come near" in the chorus.  Anyone out there know the name of this artist?  He may have been Canadian.  Not sure if this was a late 70's or early 80's artist as I was about 8-12 years old at the time.  Thanks for any info.

Subject: Re: Song Artist - ?? Graham ??

Written By: Gaylon on 01/31/06 at 2:25 pm

"Can I Come Near" was a 1980 hit for Graham Shaw (according to Google)
Can't say I remember hearing it

Written By: whistledog on 01/31/06 at 3:22 pm

That would be 'Can I Come Near' by Graham Shaw and the Sincere Serenaders.  That was a BIG hit in Canada in 1980 and is one of the most memorable Canadian hits of the 80's :)

If you'd like a copy of the mp3, I'd be glad to share :)

Written By: SweetAlice on 02/01/06 at 10:28 am

That was from the Canadian K-Tel album, Soundwaves (1980). There's a cool site dedicated to K-Tel, www.ktelclassics.com. They have all the album info and a search engine. Its awesome if you have Napster or any other music file sharing program, because you can create song lists from the original albums. I have a bunch on my computer.  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...