inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew

Written By: Tia on 02/02/06 at 9:38 am

Remember, there is only one correct answer. :P

Subject: Re: Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/02/06 at 1:47 pm

Nancy Drew

Written By: robby76 on 02/04/06 at 10:32 am

Well if you're talking strictly cool then Nancy Drew, but the Boys were alright too. And I'm refering to the tv series, didn't read the books much.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0007CNY54.01._PE10_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Written By: Tia on 02/05/06 at 5:30 am

i watched my first nancy drew last night. pretty cool! it's way more like an actual mystery, with weird crimes and evidence that disappears when nancy calls the cops and seemingly nice people that end up being dastardly and a great scene at the end with nancy literally at the edge of a cliff trying to convince the desperate criminal to give himself up.

and nancy is babitudinous. there's no point denying that.

and the huge, huge collars! omg! i wish huge collars would come back in style.

Written By: robby76 on 02/05/06 at 6:21 am

My fave episode is the "Golden Kicker" one with Mark Harmon. And yes the Nancy Drew episodes had a bit more substance to them. Still they're a great time capsule for the late 70's. I even have a dvd screencap of a Hardy Boys episode as my pc wallpaper (the UFO episode). There's something about that scene that made me go... "Aaaahhh life was good then!".

Written By: Tia on 02/05/06 at 9:43 am

it sorta seems like the production values on the nancy drews weren't quite as good as the production values on the hardy boyses. just that the editing was a little sloppier and stuff. but maybe i'm being paranoid.

apparently in the second season they started having the HBs and ND working together, and then in the third season they got rid of nancy altogether. dumb move!

Written By: Bratpac on 02/05/06 at 12:42 pm

I loved watching Nancy Drew.  I always liked her cantor.

Check for new replies or respond here...