inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dr.Who

Written By: Bratpac on 02/05/06 at 1:16 am

This was a British produced show,and it was corny, but I loved watching it when I was a kid.  I can still see the phone booth and the strange creatures that he would encounter.  Does anyone else remember that show?

Subject: Re: Dr.Who

Written By: Banks on 02/05/06 at 1:24 am

This was a British produced show,and it was corny, but I loved watching it when I was a kid.  I can still see the phone booth and the strange creatures that he would encounter.  Does anyone else remember that show?

I remember this show. Cant say I was a big fan, though I do remember loving the episode where he goes back to the time of the dinasaurs. It may have been one of the first episodes, Im not sure now.

AN

Written By: retrolady on 02/05/06 at 9:05 am

Dr who is massive here in the uk.

Written By: Carl on 02/06/06 at 11:37 am

I loved the erie theme music! :o

Written By: whistledog on 02/06/06 at 8:57 pm

I used to watch this show the odd time in the 80's when it was still popular.  I remember Leee John (of the group Imagination) had a recurring role

Written By: karen on 02/07/06 at 5:48 am

I confess to hiding behind the sofa on occasions.  One monster had a scary voice as well so I spent the time in the kitchen with the radio on.

You can generally guess a person's age based on who their favourite Dr Who is.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/07/06 at 6:01 am

I loved Dr Who.  It came to the states first with Tom Baker.  I went to England in 1974 and I remember it was a big topic of conversation as to whether or not he would be able to replace Jon Pertwee.  Anyway the people I was staying with insisted I watch it and it was so schlocky I was hooked.  They show it here on occasion, but it doesn't seem to take a foothold, more the pity.

Written By: Bratpac on 02/08/06 at 11:32 pm

I didn't realize until now that there were other actors that portrated Dr. Who.  I am familiar with Tom Baker.  I believe he did that from 74-81. 8)

Written By: karen on 02/09/06 at 3:45 am

I didn't realize until now that there were other actors that portrated Dr. Who.  I am familiar with Tom Baker.   I believe he did that from 74-81. 8)

Actors who have played Dr Who: William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Chris Eccleston and David Tennant (the current one).    Paul McGann and Peter Cushing have appeared as a one-off

Check for new replies or respond here...