inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Free

Written By: whistledog on 02/08/06 at 9:34 pm

The members of Free ...

Paul Rodgers (Lead Vocals) - went on to form Bad Company in 1973 after the demise of Free
Simon Kirke (Drums) - co-founded Bad Company with Paul Rodgers
Andy Fraser (Bass Guitar) - became a song writer, and in 1984, had a minor hit with a cover of The Contours song "Do You Love Me"
Paul Kossoff (Lead Guitar) - passed away in 1976 from drug related heart problems  :\'(

Subject: Re: Free

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/08/06 at 9:39 pm

All Right Now

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/08/06 at 11:54 pm

All Right Now

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 02/09/06 at 12:12 am

All Right Now

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/10/06 at 2:05 am

All Right Now
Paul Rodgers is touring with the 3 remaing members of Queen, and getting mixed reviews, some love them, others are Freddie mercury purists and say nothing good about the tour. I'm thinking I may go see them when they arrive in bay area in a couple of months. They mix in All Right Now, and some Bad Company tunes with the Queen stuff and that may be cool. Plus I'd love to see Brian May on guitar.

Written By: Nostalgic on 02/10/06 at 4:52 am

I went with "All Right Now", but "Wishing Well" is a great song. I haven't heard the others.

Written By: mandamoo on 02/11/06 at 6:35 am

Wishing Well

Written By: jaytee on 02/11/06 at 8:03 am

Wishing Well

Hey Moo - didn't Sherbet cover this ??

Written By: whiteport on 02/11/06 at 10:14 am

I went with "My Brother Jake", although all the songs listed are great, also they did a good instrumental with "Mouthful Of Grass" one of my fave Free tunes.

Written By: nally on 02/12/06 at 9:59 pm

I always thought that the band Free was a one hit wonder, since "All Right Now" was their only big hit in the United States. So that's the song I'm selecting in the poll.

Written By: whistledog on 02/12/06 at 10:34 pm

I always thought that the band Free was a one hit wonder, since "All Right Now" was their only big hit in the United States. So that's the song I'm selecting in the poll.

Technically they were.  Apart from the US #49 hit "The Stealer", "All Right Now" was their only entry into the US Top 40.  They were a bigger success in the UK

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 02/13/06 at 1:43 pm

The only one I know is "All Right Now" and that's my favorite.

Check for new replies or respond here...