inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Rubettes.

Written By: Gis on 02/09/06 at 10:40 am

I must confess to loving the song Sugar Baby Love ! I went to see them live two or three years ago and yes he could still hit those notes and live too !

Subject: Re: The Rubettes.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/09/06 at 10:47 am

'Sugar Baby Love' is the only song I know from them, but it's sure a good one...

I remember very well when it came out (I was about 8 years old)!  :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/09/06 at 5:08 pm

Yeah it's a nice song.

Written By: Paul on 02/10/06 at 7:35 am

I must confess to loving the song Sugar Baby Love ! I went to see them live two or three years ago and yes he could still hit those notes and live too !

The singer (Alan Williams) is not the guy who provided the vocal contortions on the original single...that was Paul Da Vinci (who had a minor hit with 'Your Baby Ain't Your Baby Anymore') but Alan did vocalise on everything else...

Yes, I saw 'em live (seven/eight years back) as warm-up for The Tremeloes (what a rockin' night that was!)...

'SBL's okay, but their later stuff is very much overlooked and under-rated...try finding 'Under One Roof' or 'Baby I Know' - both very good songs...

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 02/10/06 at 7:49 am

'Sugar Baby Love' is the only song I know from them, but it's sure a good one...

Ditto here  :)

Cept I was older - about 12 or 13, I remember they played it endlessly on the radio when I was visiting New Zealand with my parents, whenever I hear the song I get transported there in my mind  :) :) :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/10/06 at 1:10 pm

Ditto here  :)

Cept I was older - about 12 or 13, I remember they played it endlessly on the radio when I was visiting New Zealand with my parents, whenever I hear the song I get transported there in my mind  :) :) :)

That's cool!  :)

Written By: jaytee on 02/11/06 at 3:31 am

Me too - although I was a little older than 8!!

Written By: mandamoo on 02/11/06 at 6:28 am

Me too - although I was a little older than 8!!

Me three - and I was about 10 or 11  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...