inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bram Tchaikovsky

Written By: whistledog on 02/13/06 at 10:03 pm

Anyone remember Bram Tchaikovsky?  He is a former member of the british rock group The Motors and is best known for his solo hit Girl of My Dreams which reached #37 on the Billboard Pop Charts in 1979

http://www.unterzuber.com/bramfront.jpg

Subject: Re: Bram Tchaikovsky

Written By: whistledog on 02/13/06 at 10:23 pm

Bram Tchaikovsky isn't really a group. He was a member of the Motors, then did some solo work. However, he did record them with various other musicians. The lineup on various Bram Tchaikovsky works was so inconstant, though, that it's hard to view it as one band entity as much as BT with other people backing him.

I'm not too familiar with the Bram Tchaikovsky stuff, but The Motors are awesome.

I knew about the Motors connection, but didn't know Bram was one guy. 
I like the Motors too.  Their 1980 song "Love and Loneliness" was a top 20 hit here in Canada, and has remained my favourite.  It's a shame their 70's stuff wasn't too popular in America or Canada.  "Airport" and "Forget About You" were fantastic songs :)

Check for new replies or respond here...