inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Stylistics

Written By: ADH13 on 02/16/06 at 12:26 am

I like "Betcha By Golly Wow" best, but I also really like "You Are Everything" and "You Make Me Feel Brand New" :)

Subject: Re: Stylistics

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 02/16/06 at 6:05 am

You Make Me Feel Brand New 
You Are Everything
Stone In Love With You
Break Up To Make Up

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/16/06 at 6:38 am

You Are Everything

Written By: Paul on 02/16/06 at 6:51 am

Any of the above, as they're all quite wonderful...

Okay, 'Betcha By Golly Wow' as the standout...

Curiously, they achieved further success in Britain after all of the above were released, but these tracks aren't a patch on this early material...

Written By: jaytee on 02/16/06 at 7:12 am

You Are Everything

Written By: FaultyDog on 02/16/06 at 10:41 am

I voted other, 'cause I like Can't Give You Anything (But My Love) best. :) That song was a #3 hit in The Netherlands, btw.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/16/06 at 10:57 am

I love all of their material...in fact, I bought their 2-disc greatest hits compilation just recently...

My favorite used to be "You Make Me Feel Brand New"...but these days I opt for "Betcha By Golly, Wow"... :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/16/06 at 11:36 am

Betcha By Golly, Wow

Written By: nally on 02/16/06 at 11:38 am

Toss-up between "You Make Me Feel Brand New" and "You Are Everything"; those are the two that I know best.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/16/06 at 12:04 pm

I can't choose between You Are Everything and Break Up To Make Up.  I love both those song a lot.

Written By: whistledog on 02/16/06 at 12:15 pm

The only choice is "Can't Give You Anything (But My Love)".  It's just such an awesome song :)

Written By: Nostalgic on 02/16/06 at 2:44 pm

I went with "You Make Me Feel Brand New", but "Betcha By Golly, Wow" is a close second. I also love "Can't Give You Anything (But My Love)" - great disco song!

Written By: gemini on 02/16/06 at 5:10 pm

I have the Best Of The Stylistics CD, and love pretty much everything on it, but if I have to choose, I'd say "Stone In Love With You", with all the rest very close behind.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/16/06 at 5:55 pm

Tough, tough choice!  ;D

I went with "Stop, Look, Listen (To Your Heart)" - a highly underappreciated Stylistics song.  But I could've chosen any of these.  Plus some good ones that weren't listed, like "People Make The World Go Round" or "You'll Never Get To Heaven".  I even like "Rock and Roll Baby" (unlike the others, not a ballad)...

I suppose my closest second might be "Betcha By Golly Wow" - I get hooked even before the opening Oboe solo is done...  ::)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/16/06 at 7:46 pm

Break Up to Make Up...that's all we do..first you love me...then you hate me...it's a game for fools....I love this song!!!!

Followed by:

You make me feel brand new
Betcha by Golly Wow

Check for new replies or respond here...