inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Steve Martin's 'King Tut' sketch on SNL

Written By: Carl on 02/17/06 at 12:10 pm

Caught this on youtube.com after having not seen it for ages! This sketch always cracks me up. It's a catchy song, but watching Steve do his 'Egyptian' moves is hilarious!

Subject: Re: Steve Martin's 'King Tut' sketch on SNL

Written By: whistledog on 02/17/06 at 12:25 pm

That song was also a top 10 hit in (i believe) 1978.  It's was neat to see him incorporate some of the SNL band members into the sketch :)

Written By: Carl on 02/17/06 at 12:38 pm

Actually, MTV in it's early years played the video, that's where I first saw it! Not on SNL, as I wasn't a usual viewer of the show. I can see why it was a hit!

Written By: Slater on 02/17/06 at 12:46 pm

I loved Steve Martin's "Wild And Crazy" period. Those were the days.

Written By: Skippy(in but out) on 02/18/06 at 1:46 am

I loved when he did that song on SNL (1979?) but kind of felt sorry for the sax player having to be caked in that gold junk(his name escapes me, he was also in 'The Blues Brothers'). It used to be available over at I-Films but last time I looked it wouldn't show. I still have 'A Wild and Crazy Guy' and 'Let's Get Small' on LP. Does he still have the record for hosting the most on SNL?

Written By: nally on 02/19/06 at 12:42 am

Even though I wasn't around then, I still know about the sketch because I read about it in a book about SNL. I think I may have seen the video for it a long time ago. Funny stuff! :D

Written By: spaceace on 02/23/06 at 11:43 am

One of my favorite Steve Martin skits. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...