inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Did I just dream this?

Written By: Gaylon on 03/03/06 at 7:51 am

I remember a song getting airplay titled "And You're Not There" (or maybe that line was just the chorus) supposedly part of the soundtrack for a remake of The War of the Worlds written by Justin Hayward (or possibly as the Bluejays).  The song had narration from the movie at certain points.

Anyway I can't find anything anywhere, even the IMDb doesn't seem to list any version of the movie done in the 70's

Anybody else know what I'm talking about?

Subject: Re: Did I just dream this?

Written By: karen on 03/03/06 at 7:55 am

I know the song you mean.  Its by Jeff somebody or other.  I've got the song on CD somewhere at home

mta: I've just googled "war of the worlds" +jeff +lyrics.

It's by Jeff Wayne and it appears to be a musical.  The song you want might be called The Eve of War

Written By: Gaylon on 03/03/06 at 8:19 am

Thanks a lot

Actually if you scroll down (on the site I went to) it lists Justin Hayward as vocalist on "Forever Autumn" which is the song I was after

the chorus I was remembering was "now you're not here"

Thanks again.  Oh, it also listed Phil Lynott (Thin Lizzy) as one of the cast

Written By: karen on 03/03/06 at 8:24 am

O.K. so I didn't get it exactly right but it was enough to help.  :)

I probably would have got the correct title if I'd allowed myself time to ponder over it.

Glad you got it sorted anyway.

Check for new replies or respond here...