inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Hansen Brothers

Written By: Carl on 03/15/06 at 8:04 am

I was in the convenience store and saw a copy of a Hockey magazine with a picture of those 'Slap Shots' icons The Hansen Bros. on the cover! Are they conisdered cult favorites or something??

Subject: Re: The Hansen Brothers

Written By: TheRemf on 03/16/06 at 12:11 pm

Yes!

I've seen them at home games of both the Springfield Indians and the Wichita Thunder.  They were the featured attractions of the evening both times.  And these are the only teams I've had season tickets to.  Who knows how many minor league hockey teams they visit each season.  I'll bet they've a cottage industry doing these appearances.  There were A LOT more fans in attendance at each of these than at the normal home game for these two teams these seasons (Springfield in 86-87 and Wichita in 95-96).  Wichita has a knack for these things.  They had BTO in for one game that season, too.

Written By: whistledog on 03/16/06 at 12:14 pm

My cousin used to own a sporting goods/sports memoribilia store in a small town here in Ontario, and one day the Hansen Brothers came in.  They autographed a picture of themselves that he had framed and sold for a whole lotta dough $$

Written By: Carl on 03/16/06 at 1:04 pm

I never knew they actually played hockey, then again, I never watch the game,just loved the movie..hilarious!! ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...