inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Free TV on AOL

Written By: Elfkin9 on 03/20/06 at 5:06 pm

Hi! I'm new to the forum and I just realized as I was typing out my first thread response that probably everyone could benefit from what I found at work today. Apparently its been all over the news, but aol.com has a new feature where you can watch all these old tv shows for free.

Here is a link to it. http://television.aol.com/in2tv?ncid=AOLETV00050000000002

My favorite's .. since this is the 70's portion of this forum, is Welcome Back Kotter. I'll add my favorites in the 80's section as well!
(Maybe its the coffee talking but i'm completely in love with this)

Seriously check it out. Its been a goldmine for me as I've been sitting at work all day.

-Elf

Subject: Re: Free TV on AOL

Written By: Skippy(in but not in) on 03/20/06 at 9:57 pm

Yeah, I saw this about a week ago. I looked it over and read some reviews on it. Apparently it is called "In2TV", if anybody wants a search term for googling. It's broadband only(makes sense) and I would imagine if it catches on there will be some sort of subscription charge. Somebody will have to pay for the licensing and bandwidth, after all. Also, if you have a TV-out card, don't expect a TV-quality picture. Technology just isn't there yet.

Subject: Re: Free TV on AOL

Written By: Elfkin9 on 03/28/06 at 2:41 pm

The quality might not be there but its still a good way to do 2 things:
1) Kill time at work. I mean how many other sites can you get away with watching or listening to your favorite shows at work? I can't think of many
2) Save money on buying the DVDs.

I mean I could be totally wrong but maybe there is someone who can tell me why this in2tv stuff isn't just the wave of the future.. especiallly for retro television

Check for new replies or respond here...