inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Out-of-Towners-1970

Written By: Carl on 03/23/06 at 8:35 am

LOL!! Saw this last night on TCM,what a great film! Jack Lemmon was so funny. Also, you get to see so many other familiar faces before they hit it big: Billy Dee Williams, Johnny Brown, Paul Doley

Subject: Re: The Out-of-Towners-1970

Written By: Tia on 04/15/06 at 7:41 am

i worship the out-of-towners. one of my favorite movies of all time. "well, i'd fly there, but it's all fogged in."

http://www.popmatters.com/film/reviews/o/out-of-towners.shtml

Written By: star500 on 04/15/06 at 8:50 am

I haven't actually seen "The Out-of-Towners" from 1970 but I heard it was funny. I have seen the 1999 remake with Steve Martin and Goldie Hawn and John Cleese and I found it hilaurious! ;D Maybe someday I will rent the first movie and watch it.

Written By: Tia on 04/15/06 at 9:56 am

I haven't actually seen "The Out-of-Towners" from 1970 but I heard it was funny. I have seen the 1999 remake with Steve Martin and Goldie Hawn and John Cleese and I found it hilaurious! ;D Maybe someday I will rent the first movie and watch it.
i'm afraid to see the remake because i'm worried it'll diss the original. sandy dennis is a goddess! i'd totally love her long time if she wasn't dead and i weren't already married to kim richards.

she was in this creepy obscure robert altman movie called "that cold day in the park" and she was brilliant in it, really. should have gotten an oscar. plus it's full of hunky naked boyflesh, totally for the ladies.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0065086/

Written By: CeeKay on 04/15/06 at 10:07 am

she was in this creepy obscure robert altman movie called "that cold day in the park" and she was brilliant in it, really. should have gotten an oscar. plus it's full of hunky naked boyflesh, totally for the ladies.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0065086/

I have never heard of this movie!  But it is now on my "must see" list.  Thanks.

Written By: Tia on 04/15/06 at 10:25 am

I have never heard of this movie!  But it is now on my "must see" list.  Thanks.
i think it might be sorta hard to find, i had to go to the video vault to get it. but i imagine you could buy it from amazon or ebay or what have you for a steal. i've actually got a copy at home somewhere.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/15/06 at 2:02 pm

I saw it a long time ago (never saw the remake). I do remember that it was funny.

Cat

Subject: The Out-of-Towners-1970

Written By: Dude111 on 12/20/17 at 10:21 pm

i'm afraid to see the remake because i'm worried it'll diss the original. sandy dennis is a goddess! i'd totally love her long time if she wasn't dead and i weren't already married to kim richards.

Not at all as good..... All they did was copy the original... Stupid!!

The 1970 one IS GOREGOUS....... Havent seen it in awhile.........

Check for new replies or respond here...