inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Bells

Written By: whistledog on 03/24/06 at 6:50 pm

I really like "He Was Me, He Was You" the best followed very closely by "Stay Awhile" :)

Subject: Re: The Bells

Written By: gord on 03/24/06 at 7:00 pm

a favorite and as far as I know the only song by them I know is 'fly little white dove fly', I used to hear it alot 10 or 15 yrs ago when a vehicle I had only had AM radio, the only station I listened to when driving was from kingston and they played it alot :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/24/06 at 7:32 pm

Fly Little White Dove,Fly  :)

Written By: TheRemf on 03/25/06 at 2:48 pm

Here in the midwestern US, I only heard "Stay Awhile" on the radio.  I know from watching "American Bandstand" at the time (1971), that "Love Me, Love Me, Love" was by their lead singer, but I think he recorded it as a solo, under his name, not The Bells'.  So I voted for "Stay Awhile."  Besides, I have some incredible memories associated with that song.  I first heard it the night of my junior year high school prom. 

As I said supra, I don't think "Love Me, Love Me, Love" was actually a Bells song, but it SURE as hell is underrated.

Written By: whistledog on 03/26/06 at 10:38 am

As I said supra, I don't think "Love Me, Love Me, Love" was actually a Bells song, but it SURE as hell is underrated.

That was a Frank Mills song.  He left the Bells in 1971 for a solo career.  It was also one of the rare songs in which he sings.  He primarily performed instrumental piano tunes like "Peter Piper" and "Music Box Dancer", both of which were hits in America

Written By: Paul on 03/26/06 at 11:33 am

The cloying 'Stay Awhile' is the only one I'm familiar with...

I do hope they didn't use this type of arrangement on 'Maxwell's Silver Hammer'...

If they did, they'd have made an already terrible song sound ten times worse!

Check for new replies or respond here...