inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: To XM or not to XM....

Written By: happygirl on 03/25/06 at 8:30 pm

Living in a rather horrid broadcast area has forced my hand to subscribe to satellite radio.  There is a strictly 70s station that I love to death.  Rhinestone Cowboy anyone?  Just looking for opions on paying for the airwaves.  Im not sure if other satellite radio has decades, but XM has them all.  Im pleased and for $13 a month I dont have to hear another mobile phone ad!  Yippee!

Subject: Re: To XM or not to XM....

Written By: SingBlueSilver on 03/25/06 at 8:59 pm

I can't comment on XM because I am a Sirius subscriber, but Sirius has decade stations and some other really cool stuff you won't find on mainstream radio.  I got Sirius because of Howard, but I can't imagine life without satellite radio now.  I activated my subscription on December 29, 05 and haven't listened to a terrestrial station since.  Actually, haven't even played many CDs since either because I can find anything I like on satellite.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 03/25/06 at 9:29 pm

I wish NZ had satellite radio.  :\'(

Written By: happygirl on 03/26/06 at 6:34 am

dont be sad!  there is XM online, you can make discs!  Of course I dont know how that would be done, but I bet it can be!!  Its xmradio.com

I love Howard too, but when I went to buy the package they were out of Sirius recievers!  I love XM, and I also have shunned 'regular' radio and purchase less Cds.  I like the feature that with one button will remember the song so anytime it comes on again you wont miss it!  Its called save favorites or something similar.

Written By: KKay on 04/10/06 at 12:59 pm

I never listen to the radio anyway.  I pretty much listen to my cds or downloads.  I have that and can customize my music when I want.  I"m my favorite DJ!!!

It's great that if you're 'out there' you can get great channels.  Ironic that NYC has the WORST RADIO STATIONS EVER...i cannot type that large enough to express how bad it is.

But I do have Rhinestone Cowboy on CD and play it regulalry...
hey, can inthe00s have it's own radio station? I need a show...

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/10/06 at 11:02 pm

hey, can inthe00s have it's own radio station? I need a show...

My website is a fans' site for my fave 70's radio show, Super Groovy 70s.  It's a syndicated weekly show, and I love it.    :D

The URL is http://users.dls.net/~faulkners

The FunNGames page has show logs, so you can see some of what the show has been playing.  Since it's syndicated, it can be aired anywhere...

Written By: Skippy on 04/11/06 at 12:39 am

My website is a fans' site for my fave 70's radio show, Super Groovy 70s.  It's a syndicated weekly show, and I love it.    :D

The URL is http://users.dls.net/~faulkners

The FunNGames page has show logs, so you can see some of what the show has been playing.  Since it's syndicated, it can be aired anywhere...

I  bookmarked that site a while back while doing some searches, cool place. 

As for XM or Sirius, no thanks. I don't need another monthly bill right now and besides, I'm against feeding the corporate animal. At home I get scads of digital commercial free radio stations through my c/ku band analog/digital satellite receiver. Free with any subscription, even just one channel. Absolutely zero commercials. I also get commercial FM stations through my satellite. In my car, the local FM stations play what I like with few commercials and reception is good. I've heard too many stories about poor reception/break-ups with XM and Sirius. I'm also worried about forced obsolescents with these characters. I've heard some pretty bad stories about how easy it is to subscribe but very hard to cancel. There have been issues where some people never got their rebates after purchasing a receiver. Other people have complained of receiving only a monoraul signal.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/11/06 at 1:15 am

I listen to radio stations online if I feel the stations in my area aren't playing what I want/like.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/11/06 at 5:04 am

Soon enough car stereos (and many stand-alone stereos) will be equipted with Wi-Fi receivers (which will probably be as widespread as mobile phone coverage).

Written By: happygirl on 05/07/06 at 8:46 am

yipes, thats way too hi tech for me.

Check for new replies or respond here...