inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 1970 plane crash that killed 75 players, coaches and fans from Marshall

Written By: Eric Kutcher on 04/06/06 at 1:32 am

I am from Huntington, WV where Warner Bros. is currently filming a new movie called "We Are Marshall". It is a true story about the 1970 plane crash that killed 75 players, coaches and fans of the Marshall Thundering Herd on their trip back from playing ECU on November 14, 1970.  It is still considered the worst sports related tragedy in US history.  The story is finally being told and deserves it.  Matthew McConaughey is playing the coach the year after the crash who is trying to piece back a team together to player in 71. Matthew Fox from LOST is playing the assist coach who did not go on the plane that night. There are MANY more great actors being played in this movie and will be a huge hit I believe. They will be releasing it around the holidays this year from what I hear and read on the internet. No set date yet. Just thought I would share this story in case some have never heard it. It will be an emotional film to say the least.

Subject: Re: 1970 plane crash that killed 75 players, coaches and fans from Marshall

Written By: TheRemf on 04/30/06 at 4:13 pm

Oddly enough, in the same year (I believe) the same thing happened to the Wichita State football team.  Their plane crashed in Colorado.  I know that for awhile after that WSU and Marshall scheduled each other every year.

Check for new replies or respond here...