inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Godspell Costume

Written By: juliet on 04/09/06 at 11:01 am

I'm playing Sonia in Godspell and I'm suppose 2 be flirty and sexy but i don't want to over do it because this is the 70s. Any suggestions? email me at juliet88@aol.com or reply to this message
Thanks

Subject: Re: Godspell Costume

Written By: KKay on 04/10/06 at 9:36 am

I have to get my sister to reply to this...she's done that show a million times!
I"ll forward it to her and next time sh'es on she'll reply to you.
KK

(CeeKay's sister)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/10/06 at 9:59 am

We have had previously a similiar thread, was it the same character?

Written By: KKay on 04/10/06 at 10:06 am

And you're singing Turn Back, right?

Written By: CeeKay on 04/10/06 at 1:13 pm

I'm playing Sonia in Godspell and I'm suppose 2 be flirty and sexy but i don't want to over do it because this is the 70s. Any suggestions? email me at juliet88@aol.com or reply to this message
Thanks

It's easy. Wear something like a flapper kinda dress w/ some feathers.  It can be a little short but not too form fitting and it works fine.  A sparkly headband w/ a feather is good.  Wear fishnets with some kind of cute but low-healed, fun-colored shoe.  The Godspell characters improvise their costumes, usually, out of a big costume trunk or something -- so it should have that "randomly thrown together" look of a kid playing in mom's closet.

Written By: KKay on 04/12/06 at 12:25 pm

I love this story...CeeKay and I know a guy that was probably in Godspell somewhere everyday of the week.  He had a ton of costumes in the back of his hatchback.  Once it was broken into and all the boxes stolen.  I'dlike to see the surprise on their faces when they'd found they'd only gotten sneakers with pom poms on and superman t-shirts!

Check for new replies or respond here...