inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What toys/games.etc from the 70s do you still own?

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/25/06 at 10:45 pm

Subject: Re: What toys/games.etc from the 70s do you still own?

Written By: whistledog on 04/25/06 at 10:57 pm

I have a Fisher Price Roly Poly Chime Ball.  I got it for Christmas in 1977 and it was the first toy I ever had

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/25/06 at 11:04 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: whistledog on 04/25/06 at 11:14 pm

Neato (lol), thanks for sharing w-dog. It doesn't look much different from the current Fisher Price toys.

It doesn't look that different, but it was.  Fisher Price toys back then were built tough.  You could throw them at a wall, step on them and they would never break.  With today's Fisher PRice toys, you don't even have to try, and you can break them easily ;D

Written By: Skippy on 04/25/06 at 11:51 pm

A few board games(Battleship, Electronic Battleship, Clue, Sorry, Yahtzee, Triple Yahtzee, Word Yahtzee, Aggravation, Password, Hi-Q, Trouble, Knock Out, Carrier Strike, Mad, Othello, Risk, Concentration). Plus the original Atari 2600 console with games cartridges(Combat, Indy 500, Air-Sea Battle, Superman, Street Racer, Asteroids, Warlords, Football, Home Run, probably missed a couple). I have more game cartridges(29 in all) but they're post-1970's. I'm sure there's more stuff stored away around here that I've forgotten. Not really toys, but I have some built plastic model kits from the 70's that have survived nicely, also some unbuilt ones.

Written By: karen on 04/26/06 at 5:06 am

Monopoly, Othello, my teddy bear, a Hollie Hobby doll and hubby has some plastic shape fitting game.

Written By: zotsfreak on 04/26/06 at 5:53 am

I have three original Hot Wheel Cars; all Red Line's too: The "Red Baron", "Ice T", and the "Paddy Wagon".
Also still have a set of Lawn Jarts, the Whamo wooden sling shot, a Daisy BB gun called the "Spitten Image", which is a Winchester model 94 look alike, and a bunch of small glass "Cats Eye" marbles.  I wish I had all my old toys though, some of what I had are highly collectable now days.
Also on a collectable note, a friend recently garbage picked a Remco Toy Bazooka that is still in the box! These were big black toy guns that fired plastic missles. Highly valued among toy collectors.

Written By: Allie Fox on 04/26/06 at 10:55 am

Most of the original Star Wars line from Kenner.

Other than that, most of the things I have now were purchased in the last five years.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/26/06 at 1:24 pm

Booby Trap (with wooden peices-not the plastic you get now), Battleship, Trouble, Headache, Stratego, Monopoly. I think I still have one of my orginal Hot Wheels-but where? Who knows. My sister "inherited" all my dolls-since she collects them (and sells them but she has strict orders NOT to sell those that used to be ours). All my stuffed animals (and I have A LOT). I'm sure there is more but I can't think of them right now.

Cat

Written By: loki 13 on 04/26/06 at 4:37 pm

I still have:

Most of my Match Box and Hot wheels cars, Slot Car Race Track, Pro Draft Football
Ker-Plunk, and for some reason my beat up, old, Top.

I can't forget my, Duncan Butterfly Yo-Yo.

Check for new replies or respond here...