inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Doll Hi Dottie

Written By: Oreo on 04/30/06 at 9:41 pm

For Christmas one year I received this doll. She was the best in the world. It was a Hi Dottie doll, but different from the one on the site. My doll played guitar! She had a tiny record player in her back and tiny 'records' you put on in her back and as it played she strummed the guitar and sang along.

Does anyone else remember this doll? It the only doll i had I didn't destroy.

Thanks for any help you can give  :D

Oreo :)

Subject: Re: Doll Hi Dottie

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/18/11 at 9:54 pm

For Christmas one year I received this doll. She was the best in the world. It was a Hi Dottie doll, but different from the one on the site. My doll played guitar! She had a tiny record player in her back and tiny 'records' you put on in her back and as it played she strummed the guitar and sang along.

Time, the Internet, and the google fill in all the blanks.  You've probably already found it by now, but if not, here's a site from someone who appears well-versed on the variious of the late-60s/early-70s Mattel Hi Dottie dolls. 

Check for new replies or respond here...