inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Wiz

Written By: batfan2005 on 05/13/06 at 4:00 pm

Do you like that movie "The Wiz"? I've always liked that movie since I was a kid.

Subject: Re: The Wiz

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/13/06 at 4:48 pm

I love this movie!!

Written By: wndysbg on 05/13/06 at 6:33 pm

I remember my mom taking my friends and I to see this movie in the theater.  We all thought it was such a cool movie.  javascript:void(0);

Written By: CeeKay on 05/14/06 at 9:53 pm

Do you like that movie "The Wiz"? I've always liked that movie since I was a kid.

When I wento to the orientation weekend for the college I was going to in NY, we went to see The Wiz on Broadway.  It was new then.  A really fun show.  But I don't think I've seen the movie.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/19/06 at 10:01 pm

Nah, crap.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/18/06 at 5:38 am

I saw the trailer several times and even that looked pretty bad.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/18/06 at 5:39 pm

With the outstanding cast they had, I thought it would be a great movie, but I was very disappointed in it. First of all Diana Ross was too old for the part of Dorothy. Don't get me wrong, I love Diana Ross but the part was totally wrong for her. There was just something about the movie that really lacked (no, it wasn't the music), the writting? the directing? I don't know. I think it could have been much better than it was.

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/22/06 at 12:16 am

Loved this movie, but then I LOVE campy movies.

For your enjoyment, here are clips from the movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCWiXeaBQhE Michael Jackson (as the Scarecrow) singing "You can't win"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KSNPxLYXLo/url] Diana Ross (as Dorothy) singing the reprise of "Home" at the end of the movie

Written By: berger on 06/26/06 at 9:53 am

I saw the play  at the Shubert Theater in Chicago 1977
I own "The Wiz" dvd
Eviline is great, favorite part is the sweatshop scene

Written By: whiteport on 06/26/06 at 11:09 am

With the outstanding cast they had, I thought it would be a great movie, but I was very disappointed in it.
Cat

Yeah Kinda like "Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band" with Peter Frampton & The BeeGees, it didn't really live up to expectations.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/26/06 at 1:57 pm

Yeah Kinda like "Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band" with Peter Frampton & The BeeGees, it didn't really live up to expectations.

I really like Sgt. Pepper.  :-[  Yeah, it is kind of a bad movie but I love it nonetheless

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/01/06 at 12:51 pm

I really like Sgt. Pepper.  :-[  Yeah, it is kind of a bad movie but I love it nonetheless
Cat

Me too!

Written By: batfan2005 on 07/03/06 at 10:27 pm

My favorite scene is the Emerald City scene, which was filmed at the World Trade Center.

Check for new replies or respond here...