inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite WKRP Character-Poll

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/14/06 at 2:16 pm

For me, it is a 5 way tie between Andy, Johnny, Venus, Bailey, and Mr. Carlson.

Cat

Subject: Re: Favorite WKRP Character-Poll

Written By: whistledog on 05/14/06 at 2:53 pm

I picked other becuase I cannot choose ... I loved them all :)

I loved those loud plaid suits that Herb always wore
That bandage that Les always had in some different location
The way Carlson was always so clueless to what was going on (Remember the one where he mistook cocaine for foot powder?  LOL)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/14/06 at 3:23 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: loki 13 on 05/14/06 at 6:45 pm

I chose Bailey, Intelligent and hot, a perfect combination.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/14/06 at 7:03 pm

I always liked Bailey.  She was hot and smart, whereas Jennifer was just hot.  As loki said, hot and smart is a great combination.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/14/06 at 11:23 pm

Johnny Fever, Venus Flytrap, Bailey, Les, and Andy.

Least fave? Jennifer

Written By: whistledog on 05/14/06 at 11:28 pm

The reason Les always had a bandage was because the very first episode, Richard Sanders hit his head (?) and had to have stitches-so that one was REAL and they didn't know how to cover it up and decided not to and just added the bandage in each episode.

Cat

I remember hearing that he really hit his head.  It's funny how they decided to make a gag of it.  He had that bangage just about everywhere.

I loved how little he knew about Sports when he would do the news.  After all, who hasn't heard of Pro-golfer "Ch-eye Ch-eye Rodrigweeze" ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/15/06 at 10:17 am

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: zotsfreak on 05/15/06 at 11:19 am

I think the best contrived character was Herb Tarlik. He was the stereotypical salesman: scheming, sometimes dishonest, phony, self serving, etc. I feel the funniest episode of all was the one where Herb and family were being featured on a "Real People" type show. All their shortcomings and Herbs lies were exposed. Remember when he claimed that they always go to church on Sunday. The film crew followed them around while he searched for a church, only to pull into a Synagog; which of course are locked up on Sunday) Funny stuff!!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/15/06 at 1:22 pm

I think I liked Johnny Fever best... 8)

Written By: whistledog on 05/15/06 at 1:27 pm

The guy was a trip. I loved the "walls" to his office. lol. When that show was popular, I lived in an apartment complex. I used to see this guy who looked just like him-complete with the bow tie.  ;D ;D  Of course, I called him Les Nessman but never actually talked to the guy-just saw him drive by all the time.

Cat

oh yeah, his office.  LOL  He had a pretend key and everything, and always made people knock whenever they wanted to se him.  He had the coveted "Silver Sow" award on his desk, and it was his most prized posession ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...