inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anyone remember those cool radios and tape players from Panasonic?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/17/06 at 8:07 pm

Does anyone remember all those cool-looking radios from Panasonic? They had an 8-track player that came in diiferent colors(I saw it in red)and you changed the song by pushing down on a handle..and they had a cassette recorder that was in different colors...but I liked the radios, I liked the one that looked like a huge bracelet, you had to twist it to get to the tuning dial...and there was another radio shaped like a ball that had a chain on it that you carried it with...If you remember any of them, post here.

Subject: Re: Does anyone remember those cool radios and tape players from Panasonic?

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/21/06 at 7:03 am

We had one of the cassette players.  I remember it had a plastic case and came in red, bright blue, bright yellow, white, and other cool colors.  Ours was, hmmm, soft gray  :-\\.  But it was still very cool - it was shaped real funky and all the buttons were on the top.  We used it a lot, until we broke it (which didn't take too long).  ;D

Subject: Re: Does anyone remember those cool radios and tape players from Panasonic?

Written By: CeeKay on 05/21/06 at 11:33 pm

Does anyone remember all those cool-looking radios from Panasonic? They had an 8-track player that came in diiferent colors(I saw it in red)and you changed the song by pushing down on a handle..and they had a cassette recorder that was in different colors...but I liked the radios, I liked the one that looked like a huge bracelet, you had to twist it to get to the tuning dial...and there was another radio shaped like a ball that had a chain on it that you carried it with...If you remember any of them, post here.

Meant to respond to this.  Sure, I remember them.  I know I had one -- I think all my friends did.  They were so modern and funky at the time.

Written By: gemini on 05/22/06 at 6:25 pm

Yep, I had one. It was called a Toot a Loop. It had stickers you could put on it too. I thought it was so cool back then. Still do really!  :D I wish I still had it.  :(  Here's a picture of one just like mine.

Written By: jemarway on 05/23/06 at 7:46 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/blob5.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/blob5.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/cat.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/cat.gif

Written By: JEMARWAY on 05/23/06 at 8:33 pm

Meant to respond to this.  Sure, I remember them.  I know I had one -- I think all my friends did.  They were so modern and funky at the time.
:-*  HI, YEAH I REMEMBER THOSE COOL RADIOS, THE BALL AND CHAIN, MY SISTER HAD A GREEN ONE, I RECENTLY GOT A WHITE ONE ON EBAY.

Written By: JEMARWAY on 05/23/06 at 8:34 pm

:-*  HI, YEAH I REMEMBER THOSE COOL RADIOS, THE BALL AND CHAIN, MY SISTER HAD A GREEN ONE, I RECENTLY GOT A WHITE ONE ON EBAY.

Check for new replies or respond here...