inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Harrad Experiment

Written By: star500 on 05/21/06 at 9:41 pm

Anyone heard of the movie The Harrad Experiment? It has Dom Johnson in it, Tippi Hendren and a few other famous people in it. It is about a college that lets there students experience sexual freedom. They are allowed to have sex whenever they feel like it, run around naked, etc. Don Johnson plays a college freshman named Stanley who meets a girl named Sheila and they start dating but they have relationship problems because Stanley can't seem to keep it in his pants.

It's a very dated movie. My mom saw it when she was first married and she said it was good for that time. I don't know if I would want to see it now, it would probably seem very '70s nowadays.

Subject: Re: The Harrad Experiment

Written By: KKay on 05/21/06 at 9:43 pm

You bet...i remember when it was on tv ages ago. i wasn't supposed to watch it but i did....hee heee
i barely remember it;  i bet it's worth viewing now.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/22/06 at 12:33 pm

This film has totally escaped my attention.

Written By: robby76 on 05/23/06 at 9:40 pm

I saw it years back on tv. Lots of famous male nude frontals... ha ha! There is the uncensored version out on dvd somewhere.

Written By: 60schild on 05/28/06 at 2:40 pm

This is another of these quirky movies of the 70's.  I worked for a cable co. in 1980..I could pull up a lot of satellite channels that the rest of the system couldn't get...saw a lot of flics like this that I didn't know existed.  Look for a Rock Hudson movie called "Pretty Maids All In a Row"...not one of his better ones!

Written By: kairi747 on 06/27/06 at 12:15 pm

i do remember that - but i didn't see the movie.  did i read the book?  was there a book?  it sounds so familiar, but the details escape me.  i definitely did not see the movie.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/27/06 at 12:17 pm

I saw it years back on tv. Lots of famous male nude frontals... ha ha! There is the uncensored version out on dvd somewhere.
Nah, lost interested in it now.

Written By: KKay on 06/27/06 at 12:40 pm

I likes me some young Don Johnson

http://www.screenselect.co.uk/images/products/1/13781-large.jpg

Written By: star500 on 06/27/06 at 1:00 pm

i do remember that - but i didn't see the movie.  did i read the book?  was there a book?  it sounds so familiar, but the details escape me.  i definitely did not see the movie.

Yes, there was a book kairi747. You probably did read it. It was written by an author named Robert H. Rimmer. Mr. Rimmer passed on in 2001, which is unfournate. I could not find any more information about this man, I'm sorry to say. If you want to read the book, you probably can find it at your local library.

Check for new replies or respond here...