inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Love Story

Written By: star500 on 05/25/06 at 3:54 pm

I'm sure there are many people on this board who have seen this movie. It is such a classic movie. I'll review it for the few who may have not seen this movie. A Harvard jock meets a beautiful but smart mouthed girl from Radcliffe, they fall in love, get married and then she finds out she has lukemia. I will not spoil the end for those who haven't seen it. It is a great movie. I saw it on TV about 3 years ago and recently bought it on DVD, after my VHS copy started having problems.

Who can forget the famous tagline "love means never having to say your sorry"? Classic! :)

Subject: Re: Love Story

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/25/06 at 3:59 pm

I'm sure there are many people on this board who have seen this movie. It is such a classic movie. I'll review it for the few who may have not seen this movie. A Harvard jock meets a beautiful but smart mouthed girl from Radcliffe, they fall in love, get married and then she finds out she has lukemia. I will not spoil the end for those who haven't seen it. It is a great movie. I saw it on TV about 3 years ago and recently bought it on DVD, after my VHS copy started having problems.

Who can forget the famous tagline "love means never having to say your sorry"? Classic! :)
Saw that in a cinema back in the 70s, yes I was moved by it, but have not seen it since, even when repeated on TV. Apart from certain scenes, I will probably now laugh at the dialogue.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/25/06 at 5:54 pm

I saw it a long, long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away.  :D ;) ;D) I also read the sequal Oliver's Story a long time ago. Can't remember much of either.

Cat

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/26/06 at 4:40 am

I saw it awhile ago - only because of my interest in the early 70s, and was left feeling a bit ripped off. Sure it was a good movie and all, but seemed a bit too low key and not dramatic enough for my expectations. There was also a lack of cool 70s urban-scapes. I'd also hesitate to call Ali McGraw (leading actress) 'beautiful'...

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/26/06 at 5:44 pm

I liked it. My mom always liked it because of the soundtrack. I have a tape of the soundtrack from 1970 that she purchased. It doesn't work though.  :(

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/29/06 at 3:24 am

I liked it. My mom always liked it because of the soundtrack. I have a tape of the soundtrack from 1970 that she purchased. It doesn't work though.  :(

The Soundtrack? What's that, 10 different versions of the Title theme?  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/29/06 at 5:18 am

Courtesy of imdb.com

Soundtracks for Love Story (1970)

"Concerto No. 3 in D Major"
Written by Johann Sebastian Bach

"Sonata In F Major"
Written by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

"Joy To The World"
Written by Georg Friedrich H

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/29/06 at 5:39 am

Courtesy of imdb.com

Soundtracks for Love Story (1970)

"Concerto No. 3 in D Major"
Written by Johann Sebastian Bach

"Sonata In F Major"
Written by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

"Joy To The World"
Written by Georg Friedrich H

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/29/06 at 5:41 am

But don't you think the main theme was so overrated? They didn't have to play it every 5 seconds during the movie.  ::)
I do not remember for detail, but I do recall the Classical Music. Strange Andy Williams singing Love Story is not featured.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/29/06 at 5:44 am

I do not remember for detail, but I do recall the Classical Music. Strange Andy Williams singing Love Story is not featured.

Yeah, there were no words, if I recall correctly. As for the movie, I still think it's really quite overrated.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/29/06 at 5:06 pm

The soundtrack is what Phil posted a bit ago. But, my mom liked the main theme. I mean, I like it... even though it was played a lot throughout the film. It's a classic  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...