inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Stonebolt (U.S. One Hit Wonders)

Written By: whistledog on 06/05/06 at 9:58 pm

Does anyone remember the Canadian band Stonebolt?  They were a short-lived pop group from Canada

In 1978, they released the single 'I Will Still Love You'.  It broke the Top 20 in Canada and even reached the US Top 30, and became their only big hit.  They did have a few other minor hits, and thanks to Canadian Content laws, saw lots of radio play in Canada.  I remember 'Don't Ya Hide It' the best of all their songs :)

1978 - I Will Still Love You
1979 - Lovestruck
1980 - Don't Ya Hide It

http://image.com.com/mp3/images/cover/200/dre000/e070/e0702989n0i.jpg

Subject: Re: Stonebolt (U.S. One Hit Wonders)

Written By: MidTennHitman on 06/06/06 at 9:26 am

I think that you have to have a hit before you can qualify as a "one hit wonder".......like Alan O'Day with "Undercover Angel" or King Harvest with "Dancing In The Moonlight" 

I was an announcer (DJ) on a top 40 station in Nashville beginning in 1977 at age 16, and remember a Stonebolt single that our music director debated before deciding that it indeed was unworthy of airplay

Subject: Re: Stonebolt (U.S. One Hit Wonders)

Written By: whistledog on 06/06/06 at 11:46 am

I think that you have to have a hit before you can qualify as a "one hit wonder".......like Alan O'Day with "Undercover Angel" or King Harvest with "Dancing In The Moonlight" 

I was an announcer (DJ) on a top 40 station in Nashville beginning in 1977 at age 16, and remember a Stonebolt single that our music director debated before deciding that it indeed was unworthy of airplay

Your music director should have been fired.  It's probably his fault that "I Will Still Love You" didn't enter the US Top 20  >:(

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...