inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Banginest Action Movie!

Written By: Tia on 06/08/06 at 2:40 pm

*boff* *pow* *bang*

Subject: Re: Banginest Action Movie!

Written By: Tia on 06/08/06 at 6:27 pm

wow. i thought this would be the hottest thread.

it is like a finger, pointing away to the moon....

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/08/06 at 7:08 pm

Shaft
Superfly
Enter the Dragon

fourth: The Warriors (Caaannnn Youuuu Diigggg Itttt?)

Written By: Tia on 06/08/06 at 7:51 pm

enter the dragon is the perfect martial arts movie. they might as well have stopped makin' them after that.

Written By: whistledog on 06/08/06 at 9:02 pm

Mad Max man!  The start of one of the greatest trilogies ever 8)

Written By: Tia on 06/08/06 at 9:32 pm

get this! apparently a bunch of characters got together down under and had a 25th mad max anniversary celeb with a bunch of mad max replica hot rods.

http://www.back2themax.com/

http://www.back2themax.com/gallery/carsstunts/B2TMLightMeJohnny.JPG

http://www.back2themax.com/gallery/carsstunts/B2TMCameraCrane.JPG

http://www.back2themax.com/gallery/carsstunts/B2TMScuttleRidesAgain.JPG

dammit! i'm only finding out about this now?!?  >:(

call me a puss but the yellow cop cars were always my favorite. black with deaths head skulls? that's too easy. the cop cars are SWEET.

tia's crying from the beauty of it.

Written By: Tia on 06/08/06 at 10:42 pm

http://www.nmd.com.au/images/wallpaper/1024/VC_MadMax2.jpg

oh hell yah. i'm still on that.

Written By: Tia on 06/08/06 at 11:32 pm

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/archives/magazines/Mad-Max-Car-Magazines/Street-Machine/1987-Hot-Fords/Street-Machine-1987-Hot-Fords-Celluloid-Hero-page-49.jpg

Written By: mandamoo on 06/09/06 at 7:38 am

"Mad Max" - of course, I may be biased  ;D :P ;)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 06/09/06 at 8:04 am

I've always been fond of Kelly's Heroes, and the soundtrack song, "Burning Bridges"  :)

I also chose Pelham 123, I thought Robert Shaw was superb in that.

Even as an Aussie, I never cared much for Mad Max, thought it was a bit of a wank.  Way too apocalyptic.  Although at least the first one made some sense - the couple that followed were just ridiculous  :P

Edited to add, wrote the last paragraph before checking out the votes and comments !  Eek  ;D

Written By: mandamoo on 06/09/06 at 8:13 am

Even as an Aussie, I never cared much for Mad Max, thought it was a bit of a wank.  Way too apocalyptic.  Although at least the first one made some sense - the couple that followed were just ridiculous  :P

Edited to add, wrote the last paragraph before checking out the votes and comments !  Eek  ;D

:o :o :o

I only liked the first one  ;)

Written By: KKay on 06/10/06 at 9:35 am

ok...i love all these, particularly day of the jackal.
but i picked warriors, for reasons we all know.
i also picked mad max- grounbreaking.

force 10 from navarone...cuz it's the first time i noticed harrison ford.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/10/06 at 11:52 am

Live and Let Die
Taking of Pelham One Two Three
The Day of the Jackal

Written By: Kryllith on 06/19/06 at 12:14 pm

I'd say Star Wars was the banginest movie, what with both the planet Alderan and the Death Star going bang. But since it wasn't on the list I voted for Enter the Dragon, Mad Max, and Dirty Harry.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/19/06 at 12:29 pm

I hated Mad Max...and wth was with the weird accents?

Written By: Tia on 06/19/06 at 12:30 pm

Planets had a way of blowing up in a very particular fashion in the 70s, with the fireball followed by the little sparkly things. Remember the little sparkly things? I think it was mainly john dykstra (star wars, silent running, battlestar galactica) and brian Johnson (2001, space:1999, empire strikes back, alien) who came up with the distinct planets-blowing-up image back in the day.

Anyway, I called star wars a sci fi.

Written By: Kryllith on 06/19/06 at 12:59 pm

Yeah, I didn't really think it would make the poll since it's a sci-fi movie rather than an action movie (although it has its share of action). But still... BANG! *grin*

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/19/06 at 1:09 pm

I remember when I first watched 'Independence Day' in the cinema marvelling at the fact it had biggest bangs and best Special FX of any movie I'd yet seen. I was a kid, and pre-occupied with that sort of stuff.

Written By: Kryllith on 06/19/06 at 1:14 pm

I felt the same way when they started adding the shock waves to the blasts (though I was older by then). Think the first one I really recall seeing it on was Star Trek VI, though it was sort of after the fact from the explosion. Now that I think about it, there might have been on in Star Trek IV, but I can't remember. The one I really remember seeing it all contained (watching the ring blow out at the time of the explosion) was in Stargate.

Written By: Tia on 06/19/06 at 1:18 pm

I felt the same way when they started adding the shock waves to the blasts (though I was older by then). Think the first one I really recall seeing it on was Star Trek VI, though it was sort of after the fact from the explosion. Now that I think about it, there might have been on in Star Trek IV, but I can't remember. The one I really remember seeing it all contained (watching the ring blow out at the time of the explosion) was in Stargate.
http://www.st-v-sw.net/STSWsuperl-3.html

somebody who's analyzed the planet-blowing-up effect with about the same obsessiveness that conspiracy theorists used to analyze the zapruder film.

Written By: KKay on 06/19/06 at 1:35 pm

http://www.st-v-sw.net/STSWsuperl-3.html

somebody who's analyzed the planet-blowing-up effect with about the same obsessiveness that conspiracy theorists used to analyze the zapruder film.

I can't believe I read the whole thing.
That was pretty cool.. can we take apart the "crime fighter slides across hood of car" effect?

I am sure someone has posted similar about the light speed thing; stars leaving trails and then zooming away...

Written By: Tia on 06/19/06 at 1:37 pm

I can't believe I read the whole thing.
That was pretty cool.. can we take apart the "crime fighter slides across hood of car" effect?

I am sure someone has posted similar about the light speed thing; stars leaving trails and then zooming away...
i think star wars was the first time i'd seen that. how did they do warp speed in the original star trek?

Written By: Kryllith on 06/20/06 at 9:10 am

Typically in Star Trek the warp was initiated with the ship's engines getting all lit up and then the whole ship leaving steak marks (like the star streaks) as it flys off in the distance. IIRC, when it showed the inside of the ship during warp, it looks like space while the stars were moving all around past them (not streaking though), kinda like the old Windows star field/warp screensaver.

That study on the explosions in Star Wars was cool, but man, someone has way too much time on their hands. :)

Written By: Tia on 06/20/06 at 10:08 am

That study on the explosions in Star Wars was cool, but man, someone has way too much time on their hands. :)
wait till you see my 70s movie audio quiz.

Written By: Cool Hand Logan on 07/20/06 at 9:02 am

The Taking Of Pelham One Two Three, Dirty Harry & The Warriors

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/26/06 at 5:51 am

Dirty Harry

noone can surpass Clint Eastwood

Check for new replies or respond here...