inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ian Dury.....................................

Written By: fishryc on 06/14/06 at 5:07 pm

Regarding the now deceased and "Late Great" Ian Dury...............

I'm a big fan ............................

I'd like to hear what others have to say about this about this truly original individual musician.......................

Subject: Re: Ian Dury.....................................

Written By: Paul on 06/14/06 at 5:22 pm

I was never what you'd call a completely 'in-depth' fan of his, but that said, he truly was an original...

A wordsmith without compare and an extremely genuine man to boot...

You'll be hard pressed to find his like again...much missed...

Written By: fishryc on 06/14/06 at 5:26 pm

I was never what you'd call a completely 'in-depth' fan of his, but that said, he truly was an original...

A wordsmith without compare and an extremely genuine man to boot...

You'll be hard pressed to find his like again...much missed...

True words of wisdom, my friend............  He loved his art, loved entertaining, and, thanks to Chaz Jankel, sold a few disc's.....................

And, as I may add, RIP our beloved friend, Mr. Dury, you are much sorely missed, and are a much too soon taken friend..........................................................

S

Written By: whistledog on 06/15/06 at 12:17 am

I like 'Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick'.  I'm still not sure whether it was popular here in Canada, but I sort of remember it from back in the day

Written By: searching1980s on 06/15/06 at 9:36 am

I like 'Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick'.  I'm still not sure whether it was popular here in Canada, but I sort of remember it from back in the day

That's the only one I knew at the time and I loved it -- it's to go in my best of 84 playlist.  I've been looking at his albums deciding which one with that on it I should buy for the best selection of new-to-me music.  Any suggestions from those who have the albums?

Check for new replies or respond here...