inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Ramones

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/06/06 at 8:47 pm

THE RAMONES
~Gabba Gabba, we accept you
  We accept you, one of us~

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0a/Ramones_album_cover.jpg/190px-Ramones_album_cover.jpg

The Ramones were an American rock band and are widely considered to be the first punk rock group. While acknowledged as defining the sound and attitude of original mid-1970s New York punk, they never really achieved the commercial success of their contemporaries The Clash or the notoriety of the Sex Pistols, but still had an immense impact on the punk and alternative music scenes. After forming in Forest Hills, Queens, New York, in 1974, they performed virtually non-stop for 22 years until disbanding in 1996 after a final tour with the Lollapalooza music festival. Three of the original band members

Subject: Re: The Ramones

Written By: whistledog on 07/06/06 at 8:59 pm

I haven't heard much of the Ramones, but what I have heard is great.  I loved the movie "Rock and Roll High School" :)

Back in the day, their cover of "Baby, I Love You" was a Top Radio hit here in Canada, and was their biggest chart single here.  There version of it is the one that I actually best remember

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/06/06 at 9:00 pm

I haven't heard much of the Ramones, but what I have heard is great.  I loved the movie "Rock and Roll High School" :)

Back in the day, their cover of "Baby, I Love You" was a Top Radio hit here in Canada, and was their biggest chart single here.  There version of it is the one that I actually best remember

they have a lot of great songs...I have loved them since I was about 13 or so. ;)

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/06/06 at 9:08 pm

Great read!!

I LOVE the Ramones...I can't pick a favorite song, I love them all. 

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/06/06 at 9:47 pm

I just wanted to ad that everytime I see the commercial for that new Elmo doll singing "The Bird is the Word" I chuckle and sing it for my kids the way The Ramones sing "Surfin' Bird"!

Written By: woops on 07/06/06 at 10:04 pm

"Rock N' Roll High School", "I Wanna Be Sedated", "Beat On A Brat", "Blitzkreig Bop", "Sheena Is A Punk Rocker", and several others are among my faves  8)

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/08/06 at 1:03 am

I thought "I Wanna Be Sedated" was released as a single.    ??? There's definitely a U.S. 12" version of it released; the manager of the club I used to work at brought it in for me to spin. 

I saw the Ramones play at a very small venue (less than 500 people) in Raleigh back in 1995-ish.  Great show.  :)

Written By: spaceace on 10/22/06 at 7:12 pm

The KKK Took My Baby Away,  Havanna Affair, Beat On the Brat. :)

Written By: AstronautXKid on 11/29/06 at 4:03 am

One of my favourite bands of all time, hands down.

Particularely I like I Wanna Be Sedated and What A Wonderful World.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/29/06 at 10:31 pm

One of my favourite bands of all time, hands down.

Particularely I like I Wanna Be Sedated and What A Wonderful World.

karma to you for loving them as much as I do! :) ROCK ON! ;)

Written By: nally on 02/03/07 at 6:48 pm

They have some great music.... I used to think "I Wanna Be Sedated" was an 80s song (it would be played on Star 98.7; they had a "Totally 80s" block on friday nights until 2001) until finding out a few years ago that it was originally from 1979. :) I think I like that one the best, followed by "Blitzkrieg Bop" (which sounds to me like "let's drink pop!"). ;D :D

Written By: malibumike65 on 02/04/07 at 12:09 am

I actually wore out 3 cassettes of End Of The Century. The whole album was awesome. Do You Remember Rock & Roll Radio, Chinese Rock, Jackie & Judy, Danny Says, and the rest were all phenominal numbers. Man, I gotta get a new copy somewhere. Thanks for the kickstart to my coconut. Haven't thought of that album for years. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...