inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rank The Songs on Dark Side of the Moon

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/12/06 at 10:48 am

My ranking:

1. Us And Them
2. The Great Gig In The Sky
3. Money
4. Brain Damage
5. Time
6. Eclipse
7. Any Colour You Like
8. Speak To Me/Breathe

Subject: Re: Rank The Songs on Dark Side of the Moon

Written By: Tia on 07/12/06 at 11:41 am

i think i might be almost exactly the other way

Speak To Me/Breathe
Any Colour You Like
The Great Gig In The Sky
Brain Damage
Eclipse
Time
Us And Them
Money

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/12/06 at 11:50 am

i think i might be almost exactly the other way

Speak To Me/Breathe
Any Colour You Like
The Great Gig In The Sky
Brain Damage
Eclipse
Time
Us And Them
Money

How can you like Us And Them and Money the least??? You weirdo...;) What's so great about Speak To Me/Breathe?

Written By: Tia on 07/12/06 at 12:01 pm

How can you like Us And Them and Money the least??? You weirdo...;) What's so great about Speak To Me/Breathe?
i think mostly i'm just tired of them. i dunno if you were around for the "album rock" FM radio phase in the 80s; they played those two tunes, esp. money, about as much as they played stairway.

but they're also sorta repetitive, although the guitar solo in money is pretty awesome.

and i don't mean to be a bad influence, but anyone who's ever inhaled the fumes of a certain widely known plant for its pychoactive effects will know that the crescendo leading from speak to me to breathe is the absolute perfect stoner moment... waves, dude, waves.

ditto the delay keyboard solo on "any colour you like." just gorgeous stuff.

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/12/06 at 12:10 pm

i think mostly i'm just tired of them. i dunno if you were around for the "album rock" FM radio phase in the 80s; they played those two tunes, esp. money, about as much as they played stairway.

but they're also sorta repetitive, although the guitar solo in money is pretty awesome.

and i don't mean to be a bad influence, but anyone who's ever inhaled the fumes of a certain widely known plant for its pychoactive effects will know that the crescendo leading from speak to me to breathe is the absolute perfect stoner moment... waves, dude, waves.

ditto the delay keyboard solo on "any colour you like." just gorgeous stuff.

No, I can't say I've ever smoked the green tobacco when listening to DSOTM (or tried synching it with the Wizard of Oz, for that matter). And I was born in 1986 - yet I'm an avid fan of 'Classic Rock'. I agree, 'Money' is overplayed even today. 'Us and Them', to me, is the perfect encapsulation of...well...the album, I guess. Btw, since Syd Barrett passed away  :\'( what do you think of Piper at the Gates of Dawn? How does it compare for you to DSOTM?

Written By: Tia on 07/12/06 at 12:28 pm

No, I can't say I've ever smoked the green tobacco when listening to DSOTM (or tried synching it with the Wizard of Oz, for that matter). And I was born in 1986 - yet I'm an avid fan of 'Classic Rock'. I agree, 'Money' is overplayed even today. 'Us and Them', to me, is the perfect encapsulation of...well...the album, I guess. Btw, since Syd Barrett passed away  :\'( what do you think of Piper at the Gates of Dawn? How does it compare for you to DSOTM?
well, dark side, meddle, animals, that's their pinnacle, but i love piper at the gates, i saw "the machine," an excellent pink floyd knockoff  cover band, and they did a couple of syd's old tunes, it was great.

my favorite is "the scarecrow."

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/12/06 at 12:39 pm

well, dark side, meddle, animals, that's their pinnacle, but i love piper at the gates, i saw "the machine," an excellent pink floyd knockoff  cover band, and they did a couple of syd's old tunes, it was great.

my favorite is "the scarecrow."

I used to like 'Bike' alot - still like it, don't worship it as I used to...

'Flaming' and 'Interstellar Overdrive' take the cake for me.

Written By: Tia on 07/12/06 at 12:43 pm

astronomy domine... it's all pretty much good.

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/16/06 at 9:07 pm

astronomy domine... it's all pretty much good.

I love how they were able to conjure up all those spacey effects in the pre-synthesizer (I'm not certain whether they actually used synths on 'Piper', anyone?) - well they had synths then, but they hadn't been used in alot of music yet. Musos hadn't begun experimenting with the possibilities of electricity to make music (other than electric guitars and organs).

Written By: Tia on 07/16/06 at 10:32 pm

I love how they were able to conjure up all those spacey effects in the pre-synthesizer (I'm not certain whether they actually used synths on 'Piper', anyone?) - well they had synths then, but they hadn't been used in alot of music yet. Musos hadn't begun experimenting with the possibilities of electricity to make music (other than electric guitars and organs).
i believe all their effects were gotten from reel-to-reel tape back in those days.

don't get me wrong, you can wonk magic with reel-to-reel tape.

Subject: Rank The Songs on Dark Side of the Moon

Written By: Dude111 on 12/20/17 at 10:50 pm

I dont think I can rank them,I LOVE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!

10/10 for the whole album :)

Check for new replies or respond here...