inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: WKRP in Cincinnati

Written By: batfan2005 on 07/16/06 at 11:14 pm

I remember when I used to watch WKRP in Cincinnati. That's one of my favorite shows from the late 70's.

Subject: Re: WKRP in Cincinnati

Written By: Davester on 07/16/06 at 11:30 pm

Was one of mine, as well...

Miss it.  Where the hell is the DVD..?

Bailey or Jennifer..? 

The meowing kitty cat at the very end of the closing credits always gave me a lump in my throat.  No s**t...

I'm a soft touch... :P

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/16/06 at 11:37 pm

^Bailey!

I loved this show.

Written By: Davester on 07/16/06 at 11:51 pm

Tell me this wittle kitty cat doesn't give you the warm fuzzy wuzzles...

MTM Kitty Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/17/06 at 1:11 pm

Tell me this wittle kitty cat doesn't give you the warm fuzzy wuzzles...

MTM Kitty Cat

I always liked that kitty-and I like how they did different variations-like Bob Newhart saying "meow" or on Remington Steele that had the Sherlock Holmes hat and pipe and when the kitty meowed, the pipe fell out of its mouth.

Back to topic:

I LOVE WKRP. I always prefered Bailey over Jennifer. Each one was such a character-Bailey being very sweet. Jennifer was beautiful but smart. Les with his invisable walls and his covetive Silver Sow Award, plus a bandage in every episode. (In the first one-the bandage was real because Richard Sanders had stitches). Herb with his tacky wardrobe and always trying to hit on Jennifer. Johnny with hippy attitude. Venus was such a cool dude. "The Big Guy" was dumb but loveable (FYI I share my birthday with Gordon Jump). And Andy with his cute butt.  ;) ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/17/06 at 2:10 pm

Good show...

I remember watching it a lot back in the day... 8)

Written By: Mushroom on 07/17/06 at 6:15 pm

Miss it.  Where the hell is the DVD..?

It is one of those that will probably never be released.  And that is for the same reason that I will not watch the current reruns:

The Music.

One of the things that made WKRP so "cutting edge" at the time was it's liberal useage of popular rock music of the time.  It was guaranteed that in every show, you would hear something by Pink Floyd, The Who, Aerosmith, or some other rock band of the era.  However, the show was made at a time where they were not thinking about reruns 30 years later, let alone VCR or DVD rights.

At the time, the music was used on the typical "primetime useage" contract.  This gave the artist a royalty for any network useage, with limited royalties for the first 3-5 years of syndication.  That was standard at the time, and until WKRP came out, it was not a major concern.

However, the show ran for 5 years.  Then it continued to live on in syndication long after the original terms of the music contracts expired.  This was realized when TV Land bought the rights to show it again.

Most of the artists tried to renegotiate their royalties for the new contract, and in response MTM decided to take the simpler (and cheeper) solution of removing all of the original songs, and replace them with "generic rock music" made for the show.  I noticed that the first time when I watch one a year or so back, and did not hear the song I remembered.

The DVD is on permanent hold because of this.  The studio is reluctant to release the current version onto DVD, because most fans would want it with the original songs.  There has been a backlash from other TV shows that did the same thing for their DVD releases.

One of the shows I remember most is the one about the tragic The Who concert in 1980.  The year before there was a tragic incident in Cincinnati that resulted in the deaths of 11 fans.  WKRP decided to make a memorial show about the incident, which involved the station giving away tickets to the event, then discovering that some of the ticket winners were among the dead.  It was a shocking show, and I remember at the end the cast giving a small speech, urging the end to "open seating" at concerts.  I saw the show last year, and although The Who were talked about, all of their music had been removed from the show and replaced with "generic fake rock".

The same thing (bickering between artist and studio) is why the movie Heavy Metal was not released on Video until 1996.  And the soundtrack from the movie was not released until 1995.  At the time the movie was made, they only made arrangements for distribution on film, theater, and cable.  Nobody imagined it would be needed to make arrangements for CD and VHS/DVD rights.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/17/06 at 6:31 pm

I loved the show when I could watch it on re-runs......I think I have the mp3 of the theme song on my computer somewhere.

Written By: whistledog on 07/17/06 at 6:57 pm

In the show's final season, the theme song (sung by Steve Carlisle) wsa released as a single and hit #65 on the Billboard Charts :)

I grew up watching WKRP.  I loved how Les was the sports news caster also, but he knew so little about sports.  I mean who hasn't heard of "Chai Chai Rodrigweez" (Chi Chi Rodriguez) ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/18/06 at 11:54 am

One of the shows I remember most is the one about the tragic The Who concert in 1980.  The year before there was a tragic incident in Cincinnati that resulted in the deaths of 11 fans.  WKRP decided to make a memorial show about the incident, which involved the station giving away tickets to the event, then discovering that some of the ticket winners were among the dead.  It was a shocking show, and I remember at the end the cast giving a small speech, urging the end to "open seating" at concerts.  I saw the show last year, and although The Who were talked about, all of their music had been removed from the show and replaced with "generic fake rock".

I remember that episode (and the incident). Some heavy stuff. While some people thought that episode was too depressing, I'm glad that they made that episode. It made a powerful statement about that something that shouldn't have happened. I don't know if they ended "open seating" because of that incident or not. I think I heard something that for the most part, it did.

Another "heavy" episode was when Jennifer was doing the advice show and a woman called in who was beaten up by her husband/boyfriend. They did touch on a lot of issues.

BTW, I just read an article that the Wonder Years won't be released on DVD anytime soon because of royality problems with the music-just as you were saying about WKRP.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 07/18/06 at 12:09 pm

It is one of those that will probably never be released.  And that is for the same reason that I will not watch the current reruns:
my favorite genius show of all time, mst3k, has a similar problem -- they have to keep getting the rights for the movies they made fun of before they can re-release them on dvd, and some of the folks who hold the rights are kinda resistant to it, namely because they were getting mocked mercilessly.

i watched WKRP with my parents a lot but i didn't get it much of the time. very adult humor; duck dodgers in the 24th and a halfth century was more my speed.

i bet you can get on-air tapings offa ebay.

Written By: zcrito on 07/18/06 at 5:45 pm

WKRP is a favorite of mine.

I still remember the very first time I saw it. It was the episode where a record producer or DJ wanted to play certain songs at WKRP because he was getting money and drugs on the side to do so. These payoffs also included cocaine that for some reason Mr.Carlson thought was FOOT POWDER. Travis eventually tells a totally shocked Carlson that it

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/18/06 at 7:55 pm

God as my witness, I honestly thought turkeys could fly.

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/19/06 at 4:28 am

The Music.

One of the things that made WKRP so "cutting edge" at the time was it's liberal useage of popular rock music of the time.  It was guaranteed that in every show, you would hear something by Pink Floyd, The Who, Aerosmith, or some other rock band of the era.  However, the show was made at a time where they were not thinking about reruns 30 years later, let alone VCR or DVD rights.

At the time, the music was used on the typical "primetime useage" contract.  This gave the artist a royalty for any network useage, with limited royalties for the first 3-5 years of syndication.  That was standard at the time, and until WKRP came out, it was not a major concern.

However, the show ran for 5 years.  Then it continued to live on in syndication long after the original terms of the music contracts expired.  This was realized when TV Land bought the rights to show it again.

Most of the artists tried to renegotiate their royalties for the new contract, and in response MTM decided to take the simpler (and cheeper) solution of removing all of the original songs, and replace them with "generic rock music" made for the show.  I noticed that the first time when I watch one a year or so back, and did not hear the song I remembered.

The DVD is on permanent hold because of this.  The studio is reluctant to release the current version onto DVD, because most fans would want it with the original songs.  There has been a backlash from other TV shows that did the same thing for their DVD releases.

The same thing (bickering between artist and studio) is why the movie Heavy Metal was not released on Video until 1996.  And the soundtrack from the movie was not released until 1995.  At the time the movie was made, they only made arrangements for distribution on film, theater, and cable.  Nobody imagined it would be needed to make arrangements for CD and VHS/DVD rights.

That's cool.

I'm not familar with the show, but I read somewhere online, that the show made referecens to "Mayor Springer", is this true? It's amazing how these things come full circle, but Jerry Springer himself, was the mayor of Cincinnati from 1977-'81.

Something else interesting note on both him and rock music: at the time, Cincinnati was very conservative. As such, they had more or less a citywide ban of rock concerts. In his term, Jerry, a Liberal, fought to repeal the ban, and even got to meet some of the rock stars that he'd invite to perform in town (i.e. Bob Dylan, Billy Joel). 8)

Written By: Mushroom on 07/19/06 at 10:28 am

I remember that episode (and the incident). Some heavy stuff. While some people thought that episode was too depressing, I'm glad that they made that episode. It made a powerful statement about that something that shouldn't have happened. I don't know if they ended "open seating" because of that incident or not. I think I heard something that for the most part, it did.

It had a major influence in stadiums and communities banning the practice.  There is still no "law" about it, but it is banned in areas.

You still see the open staduim seating sometimes, but normally only in situations where the performer is not a major draw.  When I saw Kansas and David Lee Roth last year, that is how the seeting was, and it was fine.  Most of us were in your upper 30's and 40's, so we were not likely to crowd each other to get to the front of the stage.

However, you would not see this being done in a concert for Nelly Furtado or RHCP.

And yes, Jerry was the Mayor.  I remember he was mentioned several times, but it really meant nothing to most of us.  Remember, this was well before he broke into "Show Business".

However, in the 1990's version of the show, they finally said what their frequency was, 1530AM.  1530AM at the time was actually assigned to WCKY, which was the home to the Jerry Springer radio show.

And yes, before I saw WKRP, I thought turkeys could fly also.  :o

Written By: berger on 07/19/06 at 10:34 am

I love this show!!!!!
Johnny was always my fave.
Bailey of course

WKRP is available on DVD

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=wkrp+on+dvd&hl=en&lr=&sa=X&oi=froogle&ct=title

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/19/06 at 2:07 pm

It had a major influence in stadiums and communities banning the practice.  There is still no "law" about it, but it is banned in areas.

You still see the open staduim seating sometimes, but normally only in situations where the performer is not a major draw.  When I saw Kansas and David Lee Roth last year, that is how the seeting was, and it was fine.  Most of us were in your upper 30's and 40's, so we were not likely to crowd each other to get to the front of the stage.

However, you would not see this being done in a concert for Nelly Furtado or RHCP.

And yes, Jerry was the Mayor.  I remember he was mentioned several times, but it really meant nothing to most of us.  Remember, this was well before he broke into "Show Business".

However, in the 1990's version of the show, they finally said what their frequency was, 1530AM.  1530AM at the time was actually assigned to WCKY, which was the home to the Jerry Springer radio show.

Thanks for the FYI. I was not aware that Jerry was the mayor at the time (in fact I thought he was mayor of Cleveland-boy did I have the wrong city, but right state.)

And yes, before I saw WKRP, I thought turkeys could fly also.  :o

;D ;D ;D  Actually wild turkeys can fly if that makes you feel better.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/19/06 at 7:35 pm

Johnny was always my fave.

As a kid who grew up inspired by the feats of Captain Crunch and other fone phreaks... I was in tears with laughter seeing Fever, after the fundies blew up the transmitter, diving behind the couch hollering "Those fone cops play hard ball!"

Oh, and... since we're on the subject:

Bailey and Jennifer.

(Who said it was an exclusive-or?)

Written By: Davester on 07/19/06 at 10:07 pm

The Music.

Good job...

Yes, that's why many TV series wind up stuck in DVD-release-hell, I figure...

Universal (the farging bastiges), in the case of Northern Exposure, decided to aquire what they could of the music rights and fill the rest with muzak.  I mean the episode Old Tree without the Byrds' "Turn, Turn, Turn" left me a little cold.  Thing is, all eight episodes of season one still set me back nearly sixty bucks...

Personally, I'm willing to pay the price for TV on DVD which includes the soundtrack originally intended.  But that's a huge gamble for a studio...

Ah well.  I still buy them...

Written By: berger on 07/20/06 at 10:52 am

As a kid who grew up inspired by the feats of Captain Crunch and other fone phreaks... I was in tears with laughter seeing Fever, after the fundies blew up the transmitter, diving behind the couch hollering "Those fone cops play hard ball!"

I loved that episode, other fave of course has already been mentioned "Oh my God, they're hitting the ground like bags of wet cement" ;D
And the Tornado episode,  Johnny: "God hates Trailer Parks" ;D

Written By: Mushroom on 07/20/06 at 4:53 pm

Universal (the farging bastiges), in the case of Northern Exposure, decided to aquire what they could of the music rights and fill the rest with muzak.  I mean the episode Old Tree without the Byrds' "Turn, Turn, Turn" left me a little cold.  Thing is, all eight episodes of season one still set me back nearly sixty bucks...

Personally, I'm willing to pay the price for TV on DVD which includes the soundtrack originally intended.  But that's a huge gamble for a studio...

Sometimes, it is that way because of the greed of the original artists, or whoever owns the rights to their music.

This is exactly what happened with Heavy Metal.  I remember that they tried to come out with the video tape in 1984, and I was one of those that wanted one.  I saw the signs that had been printed up for the store owners, and an advance copy.  But months later, still no movie.

It seems that somebody at the production company jumped the gun, and announced the release before all the rights had been secured.

When the movie was made, a lot of the artists were on the verge of fame.  By the time the video tape release tried to come out, most of them had become major hits.  So most of the artists tried to gouge the company, to get the most they could.  I remember reading an article at the time, which showed that if they gave the artists what they wanted, they would have taken over 40% of the profits.  That would have left nothing for the actors, the animators, or the people who originally owned the rights to the stories in "Heavy Metal" (the movie was just a compilation of stories that had appeared in the magazine).

So the company scrapped the release, and destroyed the tapes.  I know that in later years, pre-release copies were frequently going for over $200.  And they still had to replace one of the songs.  It seems that Sammy Hagar would not reduce the fee he wanted for his song "Heavy Metal", so they simply replaced it in the movie with another song.

One of the reasons they were finally able to do it is that most of the groups had either retired or broken up.  Journey, Foreigner, Black Sabbath, Blue

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/20/06 at 6:54 pm

I love that show, too. I used to stay up late just so I could catch it in reruns. I think I also downloading the MP3 theme song, as well.

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/20/06 at 9:56 pm

Cool, so that article was right, then. ;) Did they just kinda mention him in passing, or did they talk about something he did or, say, someplace he was expected to be speaking, etc? (Aside to promoting concerts, according to his book and other things I've read, he was very popular and well liked, doing various community efforts, but being entertaining too.)

That's still bizarre in a cool way. I mean, who would've thought (at the time) the coincidence that would become, considering what he ended up being famous for. ;D

Written By: Banks on 07/23/06 at 6:49 am

Being very young at the end of the 1970's (7 in 1979) I dont really remember any specific episodes of this show, but every time I hear the name Cincinnati I always hear how the theme song would end, or at least how I remember it ending with Cincinnati being sung...'WKRP in Cin-cinn-aaati' or something like that.

I remember I really really liked this show when I saw it in the late 1970's, unfortunately I cant remember why I liked it. For me, when I think of this show it brings to mind Welcome Back Kotter, Alice, The Mary Tyler More Show, The Partridge Family and for some weird reason Escape From Witch Mountain.

Im VERY interested in seeing this show again, although if its having trouble getting a DVD release in the USA them Im sure it will be years before we see it here in Australia. Im jusut hoping Foxtel (Australia's satalite TV provider) will show it sometime soon. I also hope that, if it was the music that made me like it so much, its still in there.

AN

Written By: Tia on 07/23/06 at 6:53 am

and for some weird reason Escape From Witch Mountain.

that IS weird!

i wonder if there are old schedules you could get to find out if any of these shows were shown next to each other, or after each other. i for one totally don't remember when shows like welcome back kotter were on. i think EtWM was usually on sundays on wonderful world of disney when they showed it.

Written By: Banks on 07/23/06 at 7:13 am

I have some old TV guides from the late 1970's (including one from the 2 weeks during which the 1970's ended). Ill have to look through them to see if I can find anything. Unfortunately, here in Australia, unless you have an old TV guide it is very hard to find out information like what was on TV on certain days in any era.

If I remember right, I think that there was a time that The Wonderful World Of Disney was shown around 5PM Sunday afternoon. It could be possible that WKRP was shown at 4:30PM on these Sunday afternoons, maybe not all the time, but it would only take 4 or 5 times for me to associate the movie and the TV show together.

AN

Written By: Tia on 07/23/06 at 9:52 am

i think for us it came on at six sunday afternoon? i remember because 60 minutes was on at the same time and i always argued with my parents over which we would watch. there were two of them and they were bigger and it was their house so they usually won but sometimes they took pity on me. also, 60 minutes would often get preempted by football.

Written By: zcrito on 07/23/06 at 9:37 pm

WKRP in Cincinnati originally aired on Monday nights at 8PM. Some of the most popular television shows of the '70s always aired on Saturday night, so you can tell WKRP was aimed at the college age crowd with its Monday night showing.

Later that night another '70s favorite of mine, "Lou Grant", came on at 10PM.

I miss those two shows.

Written By: gmann on 07/26/06 at 12:03 am

"You're listening to WKRP. More news, Les Nessman."

Okay, so it's a joke that doesn't translate to text very well. So sue me.  8)

Written By: karen on 07/26/06 at 4:42 am

Being very young at the end of the 1970's (7 in 1979) I dont really remember any specific episodes of this show, but every time I hear the name Cincinnati I always hear how the theme song would end, or at least how I remember it ending with Cincinnati being sung...'WKRP in Cin-cinn-aaati' or something like that.

I was 10 in 1979 but my memories of the show are pretty similar to yours.

In the UK WKRP was on Friday evenings.

Written By: Davester on 07/26/06 at 4:45 am

"You're listening to WKRP. More news, Les Nessman."

Okay, so it's a joke that doesn't translate to text very well. So sue me.  8)

LOL..!

You'll be hearing from my attorney.. :P

g.o... :)

Written By: Davester on 02/11/07 at 5:41 pm

You asked for it..!  You waited for it..! 

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-6/1193336/WKRP-S1.jpg

Lets see if it includes the original soundtrack, or Muzak...

WKRP on DVD

Written By: whistledog on 02/11/07 at 5:49 pm

WKRP on DVD

I so can't wait to get it.  I love the box art 8)

Written By: zcrito on 02/11/07 at 8:30 pm

WKRP on DVD

I read that it won't (doesn't) include the original soundtrack.
:(

Written By: Davester on 02/12/07 at 1:48 am

I read that it won't (doesn't) include the original soundtrack.
:(

That does suck...

Written By: Tia on 02/12/07 at 7:01 am

That does suck...

dude.

they should do something like rifftrax. (you ever hear of rifftrax?)

you have an option on the dvd to have no music at all. then you have people who do bootlegs of mp3s that have the real songs, all timed out to coincide with the right places on the dvd.

Written By: Davester on 02/12/07 at 11:29 pm

dude.

they should do something like rifftrax. (you ever hear of rifftrax?)

you have an option on the dvd to have no music at all. then you have people who do bootlegs of mp3s that have the real songs, all timed out to coincide with the right places on the dvd.

That's pretty neat.  Didn't know about rifftrax...

I mean, I have six seasons of Northern Exposure that need fixin', too...

Checking out the site now.  Thx..!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/13/07 at 8:52 am

WKRP on DVD

Cool!

Written By: whistledog on 02/14/07 at 12:24 pm

For the last day or so, I've had the Jingle for 'Ferryman Funeral Homes' stuck in my head :D

"Hey, you're young and swingin, no time to think about tomorrow"
"Ferryman, Ferryman, bye bye!"

Written By: malibumike65 on 02/15/07 at 12:43 am

I was actually able to meet Mr. Carlson once. Gordon Jump came to town to appear at the grand opening of a local Maytag store that opened in March of '96. I still have the picture of "Ol' Lonely", as he called his character, that he signed that day. He appeared on a local radio phone in show, and I called in and told him of my love for WKRP. I recorded it, and still have the tape. Of course, the "Turkey Giveaway episode" came up. He said he loved that episode too. As he put it, "Twenty three minutes to set up the line - As God As My Witness, I Thought Turkeys Could Fly". One of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. It saddened me when I heard of his passing. A true class act all the way. RIP Big Guy. Thanks for the memories.

Written By: Capt Quirk on 02/24/07 at 8:36 am

Sometimes, it is that way because of the greed of the original artists, or whoever owns the rights to their music.

Usually NOT the artists, but the record companies themselves, that are after the money. The artists usually don't get much of anything... except screwed. Hence the Skynard song, Working for the MCA. That is why the labels are against piracy, not because the artist is getting ripped off, but because the lable isn't making it's money off of them.

Written By: KKay on 02/24/07 at 8:43 am

some of my favorite things from WKRP

when they needed a mascot they considered the WKRP Carp.

Jennifer: People say that one's name really reflects their personality.
Les: (to self) Les.....

Herb is a hard worker, a loyal husband, and an all around fine person.

Written By: Davester on 02/25/07 at 8:45 pm

There's a neat opening sequence for one of the episodes where the cast and crew are assembled in the main lobby with Loni Anderson welcoming the American hostages home from Iran and ending with everyone shouting "We missed you..!"  Good stuff..!

I downloaded it from YouTube...

Written By: whistledog on 03/17/07 at 10:29 pm

I wonder what with the copyrights for the songs and all, how they will do that one episode where Johnny actually played a hit record (song was 'The Long Run' by The Eagles, if I remember)

Written By: zcrito on 03/18/07 at 1:46 pm

I wonder what with the copyrights for the songs and all, how they will do that one episode where Johnny actually played a hit record (song was 'The Long Run' by The Eagles, if I remember)

That song should be on this new DVD release. It was on the VHS tapes of the show I bought back in '98.
It was the episode were Dr. Johnny Fever's daughter comes to visit him...

Written By: statsqueen on 03/23/07 at 10:00 am

And yes, before I saw WKRP, I thought turkeys could fly also.   :o

Wow!  And here I watched all those years just thinking it was a great show.  I had no idea about all the other stuff.  I couldn't wait to see what Johnny and Venus were going to say next.  Howard Hessman was also great in Head of the Class, but to me he will always be Johnny Fever (also my mom's fave character on the show).

Written By: karen on 03/27/07 at 10:55 am

Something I've been wodnering.  What do thin initials WKRP stand for.  I can see that the last bit might be Radio Programme but then I noticed in Mushroom's post a station called WCKY so that threw me

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/27/07 at 11:17 am

Something I've been wodnering.  What do thin initials WKRP stand for.  I can see that the last bit might be Radio Programme but then I noticed in Mushroom's post a station called WCKY so that threw me

They are the station's "call letters."  In the U.S. every radio/t.v. station have 4 "call letters". Everything east of the Mississippi River begins with "W" and everything west begins with a "K". (There is a WABC in NY and a KABC in L.A.) WKRP is a fictional radio station but there is a WKRC in Cincinnati as well as a WKIP in Poughkeepsie, NY. Harry Chapin's song WOLD is about another fictional radio station.

I hope this answers your question.

Cat

Written By: karen on 03/28/07 at 3:21 am

They are the station's "call letters."  In the U.S. every radio/t.v. station have 4 "call letters". Everything east of the Mississippi River begins with "W" and everything west begins with a "K". (There is a WABC in NY and a KABC in L.A.) WKRP is a fictional radio station but there is a WKRC in Cincinnati as well as a WKIP in Poughkeepsie, NY. Harry Chapin's song WOLD is about another fictional radio station.

I hope this answers your question.

Cat

Thanks for the explanation Cat.  Is there a system to this?  I mean if someone said they listened to WXYZ could you work out roughly where they were from?

Written By: Capt Quirk on 03/28/07 at 6:51 am

Yes, you could work it out real easy... with this site http://www.radio-locator.com/

Written By: ralfy on 05/12/16 at 12:21 pm

"An Interview With Jan Smithers, Newsweek Teen Cover Star in 1966"

http://www.newsweek.com/jan-smithers-newsweek-teens-issue-457672

Written By: Lindee on 05/13/16 at 10:04 am

Just saw Tim Reid in a movie yesterday. He looks the same but a little older now.

I was in HS in the late 70s so I watched it every week. I remember the episode they did after The Who concert tragedy in Cincinnati in 1979.

Written By: Howard on 05/13/16 at 1:03 pm

Just saw Tim Reid in a movie yesterday. He looks the same but a little older now.

I was in HS in the late 70s so I watched it every week. I remember the episode they did after The Who concert tragedy in Cincinnati in 1979.

What was your favorite episode?

Written By: Lindee on 05/13/16 at 1:56 pm

What was your favorite episode?

The one where Johnny hosts the disco dance show as Rip Tide.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/22/16 at 4:43 pm

zgrVP_J0BHk

Check for new replies or respond here...