inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Soylent Green

Written By: Donnie Darko on 07/22/06 at 8:22 pm

Has anyone seen Soylent Green?

Subject: Re: Soylent Green

Written By: Tia on 07/22/06 at 8:26 pm

it's the first movie to feature the arcade game "space war."

at the end you find out soylent green was actually charlton heston's sled.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/22/06 at 8:32 pm

I've seen it.  I thought that the big line that everyone knows from the movie was a horrible plot-revealer. 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/22/06 at 11:42 pm

I've seen it.  I thought that the big line that everyone knows from the movie was a horrible plot-revealer. 
    I'm hungry, anyone else hungry?

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5xWh_cJE_t0AIxKjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=126bg5qbu/EXP=1153716001/**http%3a//web.newsguy.com/tcbelvis/gotw04_soylent.gif

Written By: Tia on 07/22/06 at 11:48 pm

I'm hungry, anyone else hungry?

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5xWh_cJE_t0AIxKjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=126bg5qbu/EXP=1153716001/**http%3a//web.newsguy.com/tcbelvis/gotw04_soylent.gif
EAT ME!

wait. soylent green is... pepple?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/22/06 at 11:57 pm

EAT ME!

wait. soylent green is... pepple?
you f*cker  ;D  ;D  I ain't gonna eat you, just the rest of your family.  I think the letter O is the one dudes head, something symbolic there

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/23/06 at 1:11 am

Now for somewhile now, I only remember the classic music used.

Written By: Mushroom on 07/23/06 at 10:14 am

Yes, I own it on DVD.  I even watched it a week or so ago, which prompted me to dig out several other old Heaston movies I had in my collection and watch them (Ben Hur, The Ten Commandments, The Omega Man, POTA, True Lies).

Of course, I live in a hot area and drink a lot of fluids, so I instead drink Soylent Soda

Written By: fishryc on 07/25/06 at 7:03 pm

C'MON KIDS!     NO ONE HAS MENTIONED THE FACT THAT THIS IS EDWARD G. ROBINSON'S LAST FLICK BEFORE HIS DEATH!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/26/06 at 4:54 pm

C'MON KIDS!     NO ONE HAS MENTIONED THE FACT THAT THIS IS EDWARD G. ROBINSON'S LAST FLICK BEFORE HIS DEATH!!
Robinson died nine days after shooting had wrapped.

Written By: Dude111 on 11/19/19 at 9:25 pm

I have seen this movie and its scary thinking about if this really happend and all.......

Written By: Criz on 11/22/19 at 12:43 pm

I watched it for the first time about 10 years ago - went through a phase of watching old dystopian movies. The final reveal is iconic albeit cliche now

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/19 at 9:16 am

With the passing of time, this is one film I wish to see again.

Written By: Howard on 11/26/19 at 2:33 pm

I thought that was a vegetable people ate in the 1970's.

Written By: Dude111 on 11/28/19 at 5:04 pm

Ah man!!

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/28/19 at 6:27 pm

It was a popular movie at drive-ins during the period when drive-ins were mostly showing low-ish budget, B-movie, horror, sci-fi stuff.

Written By: fusefan on 12/10/19 at 11:53 pm

We’re getting closer and closer to the year this movie is set in (2022)  :o

I love some of the electronics in this movie. They have a JVC Videosphere TV,  A Computer Space arcade game, and I think there was a Weltron 2001 Radio/8-track player?

Special mention to the Panasonic Toot-a-loop radio and Orbitel TV even though they weren’t in the movie. I just like the designs on electronics back then.

Check for new replies or respond here...