inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Christopher Knight (Peter Brady) REALLY needs to leave Adrianne Curry!!!!!

Written By: bradybunchrules on 07/23/06 at 5:49 pm

Nothing personal, I just think she has turned him into a complete wuss.  She is needy and....dare I say, quite abusive (physically and verbally).  I also know she has a history of hating men, so this could get ugly.  I just think he is a sweet guy, has more to offer than just being some infantile model's arm candy....and, normally age differences don't bother me, but she is a very childish 23 years of age and he is pushing 50.  All she does is whine and bitch about not getting her way one minute, then throws a violent tantrum the next, then balls her eyes out when Chris gets pissed (rightfully so) at her.  If the situation was in reverse, you'd have NOW and every other feminist organizations raising hell......but, I guess man hating and husband/boyfriend abusing has not only become acceptable in society...but frighteningly enough, it's become somewhat a part of pop culture.  She's basically going by an idealized crush she had on him while filming a reality show, now...they are married, and she sees he has flaws and is less than perfect, but instead of pushing the guy around, she should really just lay off him.  Okay, sometimes he says things to her as well, but when he tries to apologize, she turns into a total drama queen!  I'm just voicing my concern, because Chris/Peter has been the love of my life throughout my childhood wathing the "Brady Bunch".  I just don't want to see him get hurt.  If she makes him happy, fine......I just better not hear anything about her hurting him in any way!

Subject: Re: Christopher Knight (Peter Brady) REALLY needs to leave Adrianne Curry!!!!!

Written By: Denise Richards on 07/23/06 at 5:54 pm

Maybe he should cheat on her for Tyra Banks, if she's single or into cheating  :D

Subject: Re: Christopher Knight (Peter Brady) REALLY needs to leave Adrianne Curry!!!!!

Written By: bradybunchrules on 07/24/06 at 4:03 am

;) ;D

Written By: Mushroom on 07/25/06 at 4:42 pm

I have not seen their show, and have no intention of ever watching their show.

For one, I am not obsessed about the famous or once famous.  I could not care less if somebody was an actor at one time or not.  They still put on their socks the same way as I do, and have money problems, relationship problems, and everyhting else that we all go through.

Not to mention that last week I had to see the same commercial for their show over and over again on VH1.  I am a regular view of their "I Love The decade" shows.  Last week was "I Love The 70's", and I saw every one.  And it seems like every single commercial break, there was the same shot for "My Fair Brady".

And to be honest, it just completely grossed me out and showed me why I did not want to ever see it.  It was like every 10-15 minutes, I was greeted with a shot of her farting in his face.  Yea, like I really want to see that, or 30 minutes of such gutter humor.

You can watch Mr. Rogers
You can watch Three's Company
And you can turn on Fame or The Nelywed Game
Or The Addams Family

I say, you can watch Barney Miller
And you can watch your MTV
And you can watch 'till your eyes fall out of your head
That'll be OK with me

And you can watch (TV)

You can watch Johnny Carson
You can watch Phil Donahue
And you can use TV Guide to help you decide
With capsulized review

Say, you can watch 60 Minutes
Even Captain Kangaroo
But there's only one set, so what ever you watch
Well, you know I gotta watch it too

Say, give it up, give it up, television's taking its toll
That's enought, that's enough, gimme the remote controll
I been nice, I been good, please don't do this to me
Turn it off, turn it off, I don't want to have to see

The Brady Bunch
Not The Brady Bunch
Well, The Brady Bunch
Yeah, The Brady Bunch

It's the story of a lovely lady
Who was bringing up three very lovely girls
All of them had hair of gold, like their mother
The youngest one in curls

It's a story of a man named Brady
Who was busy with three boys of his own
They were four men living all together
Yeah, but they were all alone

Until the one day, one day when the lady met the fellow
And they knew, and they knew it was much more than a hunch
Then they knew this group must somehow form a family
That's the way, that's the way, that's the way they all became

The Brady Bunch
Well, The Brady Bunch
Yeah, The Brady Bunch
Well, The Brady Bunch
Oh, it's The Brady Bunch
It's The Brady Bunch
Oh, The Brady Bunch, yeah
Oh, The Brady Bunch
It's The Brady Bunch
Well, it's The Brady Bunch
It's The Brady Bunch

"Brady Bunch", by Weird Al
sung to the tune of "The Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats

Written By: zcrito on 07/25/06 at 5:56 pm

I have not seen their show, and have no intention of ever watching their show.

True. It's the kind of stuff people in the entertainment industry need to keep their faces "out there" and known.

How many shows have been on VH1 and MTV that are like or similar to that one?

I never watch the show and have no plans to. The sad part is whatever VH1 and MTV are trying to accomplish with shows like that it probably works out the way they want every single time, and it's a shame.

Written By: Mushroom on 07/26/06 at 8:50 am

True. It's the kind of stuff people in the entertainment industry need to keep their faces "out there" and known.

How many shows have been on VH1 and MTV that are like or similar to that one?

I never watch the show and have no plans to. The sad part is whatever VH1 and MTV are trying to accomplish with shows like that it probably works out the way they want every single time, and it's a shame.

When I was a senior in High School, MTV was new and everybody watched it.  It was fresh, new, funny, and had great music.

Then when I was a bit older, MTV drifted over into more and more rap music, and I discovered VH1.  I was a VH1 junkiw at the beginning of the 1990's.  They played a lot of the older artists, and were a "softer" version of MTV.

Nowadays, both are 95% junk.  Other then for an hour or so in the morning, neither of them plays music videos.  And the videos they do play are the same on both netorks.  RHCP on MTV?  Well, wait 5 minutes after seeing Danicalifornia on MTV and you will see it again on VH1.

I almost never watch MTV anymore.  About the only time I watch VH1 is for their decades shows.

"Music Television" and "Video Hits One".  Funny, you do not hear a lot of music on either of them, and very few music videos are shown.  Instead it is all about things like Hulk Hogan, Ozy's family, Sureal Life, My Fair Brady, etc etc etc.  Now it should be called "The Braindead Channels".

MadTV did a wonderful parody a few years ago based on the Sugar Ray song "When It's Over" called "The Music's Over".  It was about how MTV was loosing touch with it's roots, and becomming just another network channel.  To bad nobody in the company seems to have ever seen it, because it is so true.

Written By: whistledog on 08/02/07 at 1:26 am

Is their show still on ?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/02/07 at 7:53 am

who knows...but I watched a few episodes of it...and she totally grossed me out. She's like a pig (lack of manners, vulgar), worse than a man. I don't know what he ever saw in her, really. And, I don't know how she got as far as she did on that "Top Model" show...I just don't get it.

Written By: Capt Quirk on 08/02/07 at 8:35 pm

Nothing personal, I just think she has turned him into a complete wuss. 

I'm not too sure about that. He may have been like that long before she met him. It is Peter Brady we're talking about.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/02/07 at 9:46 pm

I'm not too sure about that. He may have been like that long before she met him. It is Peter Brady we're talking about.

Capt. Quirk...I haven't seen YOU around in awhile! ;)

Written By: Capt Quirk on 08/03/07 at 8:02 am

Capt. Quirk...I haven't seen YOU around in awhile! ;)

You haven't been looking too hard. I've been around ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/03/07 at 10:34 am

You haven't been looking too hard. I've been around ;)

where do you hang at then? ???

Written By: Capt Quirk on 08/03/07 at 4:47 pm

where do you hang at then? ???

I am here, I am there, Savoir Faire is everywhere ;)

Written By: whistledog on 08/03/07 at 4:52 pm

Quirk and Capt Quirk.  It's all very confusing :D

Written By: Capt Quirk on 08/03/07 at 6:09 pm

Quirk and Capt Quirk.  It's all very confusing :D
You think you're confused, how do you think we feel? I'm never quite sure which one I am!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/03/07 at 9:45 pm

You think you're confused, how do you think we feel? I'm never quite sure which one I am!

awww...how sad. :\'( ;)

Written By: whistledog on 08/03/07 at 9:53 pm

Speaking of reality shows, how's about a show called "The Quirks" :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/03/07 at 9:54 pm

Speaking of reality shows, how's about a show called "The Quirks" :D

awww...now THAT would be darling! :D ;D

Written By: whistledog on 08/03/07 at 9:57 pm

awww...now THAT would be darling! :D ;D

It's the story of Quirk and Capt Quirk, two very different people with very similar names trapped inside of a messageboard struggling to escape lol

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/03/07 at 10:00 pm

It's the story of Quirk and Capt Quirk, two very different people with very similar names trapped inside of a messageboard struggling to escape lol

haahahah...couldn't be any worse than some of the crap out there! ;)

Written By: Capt Quirk on 08/03/07 at 10:10 pm

My reality isn't for the faint of heart. Come to think of it, neither is my fantasy. I can guarantee it wouldn't even make it as a PG13.

Check for new replies or respond here...