inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: h

Written By: tetratron on 08/04/06 at 6:24 am

:o

Subject: Re: 1970's Science Fiction Star Trek Technology teaches students Physics, Biology!

Written By: Davester on 08/04/06 at 6:55 am

Oh man, that's crazy..!

I like the lightsaber.  Would've liked to see a demo of the ion ray gun...

Heheh, your Nun said "science fiction"...:P, groove ;) on...

The earlier lightsaber model

Subject: Re: 1970's Science Fiction Star Trek Technology teaches students Physics, Biology!

Written By: Mushroom on 08/04/06 at 2:53 pm

Interesting way to disguise spam.

Written By: Mushroom on 08/05/06 at 8:50 am

Becareful what you call spam.
Spam tries to sell you something.
Here's educational data for free and 500 links that teach
kids science without one Unsolicited email or Popup.

Not nessicarily.  "Sell" can be many things, even if it is just trying to suck away people to visit another web site.

When I see multiple posts in different forums, sometimes even duplicating themselves, I think spam.
When every post made contains multiple links to another web site, and always the exact same web site, I think spam.
When the posts are largely nonsensical, with little true content other then to talk about how wonderful something is on some other site, I think spam.

And gee, what do all these posts have in common?  Why, they talk about things that are for sale at amazing1.com!  Want you own Star Trek laser gun?  Why, we can sell you the parts!  Want to build a light sabre?  We can sell you the parts for those too!  Want to talk about Tron?  Well come on over, I have my own message board, and we can leave here and talk about Tron on my board.

Blah!  I know dung when I see it, and no amount of perfume can disguise what it really is.

This is not the first time people have spammed the boards, it is simply one of the most creative.

That's not spam that's networking.

Interesting choice of words there.  I can think opf another group that loves that word, networking.

Of course, I was involved in that cult when they called it "Multi-Level Sales", then "Multi-Level Marketing".  Then people got wise to what it was, and changed it to "Network Marketing".  Now it is just called "Networking".  But it is still all the same thing.  And one of the best way to loose friends is to tell them "Hey, I just signed up for Amway!  Want to come to my house for a meeting?"

But I guess I get your point.  Infomercials work off of the same principal, they teach you things you did not know, in order to sell you something.  But in the end, they are all still nothing but commercials disguised as something else.

I might believe you, if you did not start every one of your topics with a link to another web site.  It might be even more meaningfull if they were not all pointing to the same web site.  Oh, and I did notice how you have one web address in your profile, yet have told in messages to contact you at a totally different address.  And how much you wanna bet that if I do a little research, you are connected to this amazing1.com?

Written By: Davester on 08/05/06 at 7:02 pm

I don't believe his posts are spam, Mushroom.  Go through his post history.  He does have a, um...unique posting style, but that's okay, I can work with that...  One of his first posts was concerning Threes Company...

The ravings of a madman, or comic genius..? :P

Sorry about the ganja crack, tet groove ;) on...

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!  I found it!", but rather, “hmm…. that’s funny..."  ~Isaac Asimov

Check for new replies or respond here...