inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Boys From Brazil set for remake

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/10/06 at 1:29 pm

1970s conspiracy thriller The Boys From Brazil is to be remade by X-Men: The Last Stand director Brett Ratner. 

The film, based on a book by Ira Levin, centres on a sinister plot to restore the Nazis through cloning.

The original starred Laurence Olivier and Gregory Peck. Ratner described it as "flawed with a brilliant concept."

He told Variety magazine that the new version would work because "you no longer have to spend time explaining cloning as you did then."

Subject: Re: Boys From Brazil set for remake

Written By: KKay on 08/10/06 at 1:44 pm

I've seen it a billion times.  I own a copy and I love it...poorly produced and badly directed. 

They can't remake it because they will NEVER find a child that is a worse actor than the creepy kid from the first one. 

Whose nephew was he anyway?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/10/06 at 4:54 pm

This is  a good movie, I saw it when it was released around 79-80? and it shouldn't be remade just for the sake of better cloning explanation. I got it the first time. & Gregory Peck with Sir Laurence Olivier, 2 of Hollywoods greats.

Written By: Tia on 08/22/06 at 5:47 pm

i wish they would stop remaking everything. hacks me off. you know they get thousands of great unsolicited screenplays every year and they ignore them so they can keep stripmining the past for easy money.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/23/06 at 1:57 am

i wish they would stop remaking everything. hacks me off. you know they get thousands of great unsolicited screenplays every year and they ignore them so they can keep stripmining the past for easy money.
Just re-release the original would be fine by me, for it would include a better class of acting.

Written By: Mushroom on 09/23/06 at 12:03 pm

I've seen it a billion times.  I own a copy and I love it...poorly produced and badly directed. 

They can't remake it because they will NEVER find a child that is a worse actor than the creepy kid from the first one. 

Whose nephew was he anyway?

That was Jeremy Black.  He is the son of David Black, a respected Broadway actor/producer/director.  He has pretty much retired from screen acting, but is still very active in live theatre in New York.  And ironically, on several occasions he has played Hitler.

Written By: La Roche on 10/05/06 at 7:41 am

One of the best films ever made!! You can't knock it!

I too agree with Mike, all these remakes are an annoyance, leave things be and move forward, we all know that no matter how many times you re-edit the film I'm not going to clone old Nazi's.. I'm just going to educate the next generation.

Written By: KKay on 10/05/06 at 8:52 am

such a bad idea.
although maybe steve gutenberg could reprise his role....anything in which he gets killed is good.

maybe suri cruise could replace jeremy Black!

Check for new replies or respond here...