inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Too much sex in movies in the seventies--what do you think?

Written By: star500 on 08/15/06 at 11:43 am

I am only 21 so I would fall under the "I wasn't around then" category but my mom told me there was a lot of sex in movies in the 70's, particularily horror movies. She told me almost every horror movie had sex in it back then but the worst were the vampire movies. I am not sure if all movies had a lot of sex in them or if it was just the horror movies. I know Last Tango in Paris came out then and that wasn't a horror movie but it sure had a lot of sex in it, which is why I didn't restrict the poll to just horror movies.

Subject: Re: Too much sex in movies in the seventies--what do you think?

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/15/06 at 8:12 pm

I'll say a qualified yes.  Qualified because, if you rank movie watchers on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being someone who sees all the movies), I'd be about a 1 1/2.  ;D  That being said, I think this is something that changed a lot during the course of the decade.  Comparing a typical 1969 movie vs. a 1979 movie in terms of the suggestive content or nudity, you'd think you were on a different planet!

If my memory serves me right, it was during the early 70's that the MPAA rating system came into widespread use, and at the time, it was much needed.  :-\\

Written By: Tanya1976 on 08/16/06 at 11:43 am

It wasn't comparable to the 80s and 90s. Every horror film didn't include sex or nudity, though some did.

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 09/12/06 at 1:14 pm

I voted Yes there is

I ALWAYS saw some sort of sex act going on in a movie, that wasn't meant for my eyes. My parents used to think I had fallen asleep at the drive-ins. ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...