inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ED post placed in the 2000's section.

Written By: fishryc on 08/20/06 at 2:10 pm

Maybe I posted this thread in the wrong section, however since it is something that is occurring in the 2000's, that's where I went. However, it was seldom read, and not responded upon.
I guess that this section may be more appropriate since persons from the 1970's are more likely to have children.
Anyhooooo............... here's the post, and I'm anxious to hear other opinions. Maybe I'm too conservative, but..........

" I don't know if ED is huge plague among men these days, or if it is just the TV programing I watch, however in two hours of viewing, I see no less than a half dozen ED product advertisements. The ad's are extremely frequent on satellite provided television networks.
I have no children, however am somewhat concerned how parents must be handling or are being forced to answer uncomfortable questions that must be being presented by their young children that are old enough to be inquisitive about the advertisements, but are still too young to have been fully educated about human sexuality. (I'm thinking 6 to 8 year olds).
It seems to me that these advertisements are sort of forcing the issue to be discussed with children (or lied about) rather than having the subject of human sexuality being addressed at a point in time of the parents discression, and hence, maybe should be curtailed??
Comments?"

Subject: Re: ED post placed in the 2000's section.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/06 at 2:25 pm

Maybe I posted this thread in the wrong section, however since it is something that is occurring in the 2000's, that's where I went. However, it was seldom read, and not responded upon.
I guess that this section may be more appropriate since persons from the 1970's are more likely to have children.
Anyhooooo............... here's the post, and I'm anxious to hear other opinions. Maybe I'm too conservative, but..........

" I don't know if ED is huge plague among men these days, or if it is just the TV programing I watch, however in two hours of viewing, I see no less than a half dozen ED product advertisements. The ad's are extremely frequent on satellite provided television networks.
I have no children, however am somewhat concerned how parents must be handling or are being forced to answer uncomfortable questions that must be being presented by their young children that are old enough to be inquisitive about the advertisements, but are still too young to have been fully educated about human sexuality. (I'm thinking 6 to 8 year olds).
It seems to me that these advertisements are sort of forcing the issue to be discussed with children (or lied about) rather than having the subject of human sexuality being addressed at a point in time of the parents discression, and hence, maybe should be curtailed??
Comments?"
Firstly what exactly is ED?

Written By: whistledog on 08/20/06 at 2:31 pm

perhaps Mr. ED, the talking horse?
ED, that monkey movie starring Matt LeBlanc
ED, that show about a lawyer who owns a bowling alley
or maybe ED-09, that killer robot in Robocop

;D

Written By: fishryc on 08/20/06 at 2:35 pm

Yuk, Yuk, Yuk, Whistledog!! ;D ;D ;D ;D. I am laughing!!

Anyway-

Eno,
ED is, according to all the advertisements that I have mentioned, something that effects 75%, (yep 75%) of men over 40 years of age to some degree: Erectile Disfunction.
  In other words, Mr. Anoconda is looking more like Mr. Earthworm these days!! (or worse yet, a limp bananna peel !!)
Anyhoo...... that's why I was concerned about the questions that must be generated by youngsters................

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/06 at 2:37 pm

So it is not Emotional Disturbance then.

Written By: fishryc on 08/20/06 at 2:52 pm

So it is not Emotional Disturbance then.

I just did a quick glance at your profile and see that you're in London. I'm assuming that is London, England, British Isles and not London, Ontario, Canada.
Since the subject may be vague in England, and therefore not an issue, you should maybe send us Yanks a British lifestyle, health, and diet program to combat this possible American only plague!! Or, maybe, pharmaceutical companies are not permitted to advertise in England or other European countries as they do so very aggressively in the USA in EVERY media available?? (TV, newspapers, radio, magazines, postal service solicitations, billboards, etc) Hence, keeping the cost of their products elevated.
???????????????????????

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/06 at 2:57 pm

I just did a quick glance at your profile and see that you're in London. I'm assuming that is London, England, British Isles and not London, Ontario, Canada.
Since the subject may be vague in England, and therefore not an issue, you should maybe send us Yanks a British lifestyle, health, and diet program to combat this possible American only plague!! Or, maybe, pharmaceutical companies are not permitted to advertise in England or other European countries as they do so very aggressively in the USA in EVERY media available?? (TV, newspapers, radio, magazines, postal service solicitations, billboards, etc) Hence, keeping the cost of their products elevated.
???????????????????????
Yes, London in the UK.

I once did heard ads on the record during an emotional helping programme, but never elsewhere.

Check for new replies or respond here...