inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The song "I just wanna stop (And tell you how I feel about you babe)"

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 08/28/06 at 3:30 pm

Who sings that song?

Subject: Re: The song "I just wanna stop (And tell you how I feel about you babe)"

Written By: Paul on 08/28/06 at 4:36 pm

A very nice song by a guy called Gino Vannelli...(late 1978)

Subject: Re: The song "I just wanna stop (And tell you how I feel about you babe)"

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/28/06 at 6:50 pm

Yep, it's Gino Vannelli..

Written By: nally on 08/28/06 at 11:49 pm

Yep...it's called "I Just Wanna Stop" and it was one of Gino Vannelli's biggest hits. O0

Written By: CeeKay on 08/31/06 at 4:19 pm

Yep...it's called "I Just Wanna Stop" and it was one of Gino Vannelli's biggest hits. O0

Did he have other hits?

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/31/06 at 8:26 pm

Did he have other hits?

He had a big hit in '81 entitled "Living Inside Myself" (I remember that one).  He had several other minor hits, including one from the same album, "Wheels Of Life".

Thank you Billboard book for the help...  ::)

I'll add an opinion after all this - the hit album that "I Just Wanna Stop" was on, "Brother To Brother", is excellent!  :)  (A mildly progressive flavor atop a good late 70's soulful pop style...)

Written By: whistledog on 09/01/06 at 12:18 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,22764.0.html

Check for new replies or respond here...