inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The movie "Voices"

Written By: star500 on 09/07/06 at 10:17 am

Has anyone seen the movie Voices? It was made in 1979. It is a really good movie with Amy Irving and Michael Ontkean. It is your typical story, boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl but with a slight twist--the girl is deaf and the boy can hear! :o Even despite the fact that the girl whose name is Rosemarie is deaf, she is a good dancer. .

When she and the boy, whose name is Drew meet, its love at first sight. Drew is a singer with a band and music is his whole life. But he adapts when he falls for Rosemarie. Meanwhile, Rosemarie is trying to get into a dancing school. The question is will Rosemarie get in or will the school reject her because of her disablity?

It is an interesting movie with a great soundtrack. Unfortunately, I cannot find the soundtrack anywhere. I tried searching for it a few years back with no luck. I managed to get a copy of the movie from Amazon.com and my brother paid for it with his Visa a few years back but it is a relatively obsure movie and hard to find.

Check for new replies or respond here...