inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 1975

Written By: AH3RD on 09/09/06 at 4:31 pm

(A day of infamy for Tom & Jerry fans!)

The New Tom & Jerry/Grape Ape Show, a new cartoon series from Hanna-Barbera, premiered - 8:30 (EDT) on ABC Saturday Morning. Here the long-popular Tom and Jerry, after years of rivalry, have (in order to appease ABC Standards and Practices!) become the best of friends (and Jerry dons a red bowtie, so the animators would be able to "fragment" his movements), in episodes wherein they roamed the world competing in sports, enduring on-the-job misadventures, running afoul of dastardly villains, solving mysteries and helping others.

Each hour-long telecast of New Tom & Jerry/Grape Ape was split into five segments in a specific format: alternating with three 7-minute New Tom & Jerry segments were two 10-minute ones concerning a 40-foot purple ape, Grape Ape (voiced by the late Bob Holt) and his fast-talking beagle buddy, a carnival hustler answering to the unlikely moniker of Beegle Beagle (voiced by Marty Ingels), or "Beegley Beagley," as G.A. would lovingly refer to him. It was Hanna-Barbera

Subject: Re: SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 1975

Written By: hot_wax on 11/02/06 at 12:34 am

It was my wife's 28th birthday, I splurged and took to see the "Chorus Line" in NYC and went to Little Italy for dinner, and a little oo'dool oo'dool when we got home.

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/02/06 at 12:40 am

right on..i had the 'Grape Ape' boardgame  8)

Written By: hot_wax on 11/02/06 at 9:16 am

right on..i had the 'Grape Ape' boardgame  8)

I guessing we were all winners that night.

Written By: spaceace on 11/02/06 at 9:31 am

I remember Grape Ape.

Written By: hot_wax on 11/02/06 at 8:42 pm

I remember Grape Ape.

The only thing I know about this game so far is that ktelqueen was playing with it on the night of my wife's birthday, 9/06/75 and we were both winners...please describe it.

Check for new replies or respond here...