inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help with a possible Bionic Kids TV Show anyone?????

Written By: Banks on 09/13/06 at 6:26 am

Hey...

Ive been trying to find out information on a TV show I saw as a kid in the late 1970's based upon the Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman.

The show (possibly a one off special) was based around a group of 3 to 5 kids in their early teens who have bionic parts. They learn about the 'facts of life' in the special. Im sure that one of the kids was a girl with blonde hair, but thats all I can remember. It is possible that Lindsay Wagner and Lee Majors also featured in the special/show.

Can anyone help me find out what this show was???

Thanks

AN

Subject: Re: Help with a possible Bionic Kids TV Show anyone?????

Written By: SweetAlice on 09/13/06 at 7:27 am

Was it The Bionic Boy? I searched but didn't find any mention of a bionic spin-off show about a group of kids.

A paralysed boy regains the feelings to his legs due to bionics. Aired as an episode of the "The Six Million Dollar Man". The idea was tried again in 1987, when the network tried to revive "The Six Million Dollar Man" and "The Bionic Woman" in the pilot "Return of The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman", which would focus on the bionic son of Steve Austin. A second pilot "Bionic Showdown", was produced in 1989. In 1994 a telemovie was released "Bionic Ever After?".

Written By: Banks on 09/14/06 at 1:15 am

Hi...Thanks for the help, but it definately wasnt The Bionic Boy, though he may have appeared in the show.

Im pretty sure this show wasa one off special about 'the facts of life' aimed at young teens.

At one point the group of bionic kids are sitting in a doctors office (or possibly a scientists office) and they ask him about how babies are born. He shows them a film about how babies are concieved and how they grow in the womb. It then shows a baby being born (but without the graphic stuff). The group of kids are sitting at high desks at this point.

Another bit of the special had the kids running to get somewhere and they run down the side of a dusty hill with small dirt cliffs all down its side. They kind of slide/run down this hill.

Thats all I can remember of the show. Its been bugging me for a while now as I know Ive seen it, but have been unable to find it online anywhere, not even a mention of it.

AN

Written By: Ansand on 09/16/06 at 4:49 am

This sounds like your description but its a cartoon...?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=c2w-Nxyyy5s&mode=related&search=

Written By: Banks on 09/17/06 at 5:32 am

Thanks for the link Ansand...But the show I remember was live action.

One (possibly the only) girl in the group was really pretty (remember, I was aboutu 6 or 7, so she was young girl pretty).

hjl

Check for new replies or respond here...