inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Crazy Eddie's

Written By: Carl on 09/25/06 at 8:24 am

I remember going to this store a lot during the 70s and into the 80s, liked to buy my records there. Channel 9 had a documentary about Eddie Antar, the founder, and it was such an interesting piece, not sure if any of you caught this. It was very insightful in detailing the rise and fall of one of the 'biggest frauds' as it was described! I know the company tried a brief comeback in the late 90s, but it didn't work.

INSANE!!!!

Subject: Re: Crazy Eddie's

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/25/06 at 11:42 am

Crazy Eddie! His prices are INSANE!!!  Nope, don't remember that.  ;)

Actually, I never been to a Crazy Eddie's. I lived in upstate NY and we had NYC channels so I saw the commercials but we didn't have a store near us. I remember visiting my dad in D.C. and watching SNL with his girlfriends' kids. They did a parody of the Crazy Eddie commecials and I was lmao and the guys I was watching it with just "didn't get it".  ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Davester on 09/26/06 at 9:59 am

I have a ton of these "Crazy Eddie" ads on a 70's Christmas commercials DVD I found on eBay...

Written By: Carl on 09/26/06 at 12:24 pm

Now the guy who did the commercials, the one who always acted like he drank 10 cups of coffee, that wasn't Eddie Antar, but anyone know his name?

Written By: Carl on 09/26/06 at 12:26 pm

Neve rmind, found it, his name was Jerry Carroll

Written By: GlamDiva on 09/30/06 at 9:21 pm

Crazy Eddie's!!! Yep remember it well, when I was married me and my then hubby were always broke but his cheap prices enabled us to buy our first VCR!

INSANE!
We also had the yellow crazy Eddie Tee too you got it for just going in the store.

Written By: Carl on 10/02/06 at 8:13 am

yeah, I never got one of those t-shirts!  :-[

Written By: GlamDiva on 10/04/06 at 4:51 pm

yeah, I never got one of those t-shirts!  :-[

My ex ended up using it for a rag....  :-\\

Written By: Carl on 10/05/06 at 11:01 am

My ex ended up using it for a rag.... 

ALL old t-shirts eventually wind up being used as rags!  ;D

Written By: angelcakechick618 on 12/31/07 at 10:26 pm

I FOUND A WESITE THAT HAS THE CRAZY EDDIE COMMERCIAL!!

www.yourememberthat.com

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/01/08 at 1:05 pm

I always remember Crazy Eddie having his Christmas sale in July. He would show Santa sitting on a beach.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: tv on 01/02/08 at 9:16 am

Yeah we used to have a Crazy Eddie baseball cap in the house. I think Crazy Eddie used to have a store on Route 22 West in Union, New Jersey(about 20 minutes from my house.)

Written By: KKay on 01/03/08 at 8:15 am

I can recall that like it was yesterday.  If you're from the New York area, you might remember the radio commercials for "uncle steve's at 343 canal street, 226-4010...thank you....i love you...."

Written By: SarahSmile on 01/04/08 at 5:01 pm

I definitely remember Crazy Eddie!  As I child, I thought he was a weirdo, and didn't understand why he was yelling at me through the tv.  But I gotta hand it to him, no one at that time forgot that his prices are "INSAAAAAAANNNNE"  :D

Written By: KKay on 01/05/08 at 2:38 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yYGoO5imyY

Written By: Shacks Train on 06/25/08 at 12:44 am

They featured Crazy Eddie on "Masterminds".His buss. was a wall street fraud & he almost got away with it!
He had millions moved the Isreal where he was arrested & sent back to the states for trail!
His downfall was his own vanity!......A fool & his money!!!! ;D ;D

http://judicial-inc.biz/7_24_eddie_antar.htm

Check for new replies or respond here...