inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: songs to burn with Stevie Wonders funky boogie (1 CD) and earlier stuff (2nd CD)

Written By: searching1980s on 09/25/06 at 2:49 pm

I know that ipods are the new standard but I still like making CDs for my commute.  One CD = one round trip for me.  I need suggestions for music in the same groove as Stevie Wonder's
Superstition
Living for the City
You Haven't Done Nothin'
Boogie On Reggae Woman
I Wish. 
Not Master Blaster (Jammin') which is too slow.  Any suggestions?  I don't really care what era they are from if they match the music.

Then I'm also putting together a round trip CD of what I love of his earlier stuff plus anything that feels/sounds bright and light like
I Was Made to Love Her
For Once In My Life
My Cherie Amour
Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours
If You Really Love Me
You Are the Sunshine of My Life
Do I Do (not really same time frame but a good match mood-wise)
Any suggestions for this CD would be appreciated.

I have his Close of the Century collection so I'm not looking for more of his stuff, just stuff that belongs with his stuff.  Thanks.

Subject: Re: songs to burn with Stevie Wonders funky boogie (1 CD) and earlier stuff (2nd CD)

Written By: MidTennHitman on 09/26/06 at 10:51 am

You need PFunk on that first CD as filler...."Give Up The Funk" "Flashlight" "I Want The Funk" or maybe some Isley Brothers

"That Lady" by the Isleys would sound awful good in the middle of some mid 70s Stevie

Check for new replies or respond here...