inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dolls

Written By: GlamDiva on 10/04/06 at 4:54 pm

There was Barbie, Ken, Skipper, and anyone remember "Dawn Dolls" they were smaller than skipper and you got a platform for them to dance and spin on.....more less spin. I had a few of them.

and there also was these finger dolls you would put your fingers in the stocking legs and the top was just the body/head... If I recall they named them "Little Kiddles" .

Subject: Re: Dolls

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/04/06 at 4:57 pm

There was Barbie, Ken, Skipper, and anyone remember "Dawn Dolls" they were smaller than skipper and you got a platform for them to dance and spin on.....more less spin. I had a few of them.

and there also was these finger dolls you would put your fingers in the stocking legs and the top was just the body/head... If I recall they named them "Little Kiddles" .

I have a Dawn doll with tons of clothes. I had bought an old Barbie doll/clothing carrying case from Goodwill..and when I brought it home...there inside was the Dawn doll with accessories! :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/04/06 at 5:50 pm

Barbie
Dawn
Crissy/Velvet
Little Kiddles
Flatsies
Dancerina

Check out this site.

http://www.dollsntoys.com/

Cat

Written By: Perryfan on 10/05/06 at 9:04 am

I had Liddle Kiddles.  Those were the perfumed dolls that you could put in the little plastic case and wear as a necklace.

Written By: KKay on 10/05/06 at 10:23 am

I had tons of Kiddles....
The great thinga bout the Dawn dolls were the clothes; they were fabulous!  BUT for a little tiny dress they used regular, human -sized snaps ...so it looked a little awkward.
but dawn dolls rocked.

i liked chrissy and velvet too.  I had flatsies, but i chewed off their feet.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/05/06 at 10:51 am

I had Liddle Kiddles.  Those were the perfumed dolls that you could put in the little plastic case and wear as a necklace.

My sister and I fought over one of those perfumed Liddle Kiddles. ("It was mine." "No, it was mine." etc. etc.) This argument went on well into our adulthood. Finally, she decided that she was going to "settle" the argument and get me one of my own. That was very sweet of her but I still say that was mine.  ;D ;D  Yeah, we STILL fight about it-and the thing is, we have no idea what happened to that doll but the "feud" over it is still there. This on-going agrument has become somewhat of a joke between us. We do laugh about it.

Cat

Written By: GlamDiva on 10/05/06 at 2:16 pm

I do remember thoes better now looking at that link...thanks!! but the dolls I mentioned that you put your fingers in the stocking legs, thoes werent it.... Unless they made thoes. I dont know what they were called but I remember playing with thoes.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/05/06 at 2:27 pm

I do remember thoes better now looking at that link...thanks!! but the dolls I mentioned that you put your fingers in the stocking legs, thoes werent it.... Unless they made thoes. I dont know what they were called but I remember playing with thoes.

I know what you are talking about. They are called Finger Dings-had to look that up in one of the books that is advertized on the link-yes, I have both volumes.  I should tell you that the person who runs that website (and the author of those books) is my sister (yes, I'm bragging). That is the same sister who I STILL have that argument with about the Liddle Kiddle doll.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: gemini on 10/05/06 at 4:15 pm

I remember getting a paperdoll that was almost lifesize of a doll called Kissy. It had lips that when you move it back and forth it looked like it was puckering up to kiss! I think there was an actual doll also. Anyone remember?

Written By: Marian on 10/10/06 at 1:57 pm

I have a Dawn doll with tons of clothes. I had bought an old Barbie doll/clothing carrying case from Goodwill..and when I brought it home...there inside was the Dawn doll with accessories! :o
You didn't look inside first? ;) :oLOL

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/10/06 at 2:04 pm

Did anyone have Madam Alexander dolls? I had a couple and unfortunately, I played with them. My sister has them now (and under strict rules NOT TO SELL THEM). Of course if she did sell them, she wouldn't get much for them because (like I said) I played with them and are not in the best condition now.  :-\\ :-\\ :-\\

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/10/06 at 2:30 pm

I remember getting a paperdoll that was almost lifesize of a doll called Kissy. It had lips that when you move it back and forth it looked like it was puckering up to kiss! I think there was an actual doll also. Anyone remember?

Yes!  My sister had that doll.  You would squeeze her stomach and she'd pucker up.  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/10/06 at 7:31 pm

You didn't look inside first? ;) :oLOL

no, actually I took a quick glance..but it looked like there were only clothes in there...I didn't notice the doll until I took it home and examined all of the contents. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...