inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Wait Til Your Father Gets Home

Written By: Wiffle on 10/29/06 at 8:59 pm

I remember watching Wait Til Your Father Gets Home when it was first run, and now they are showing it on Boomerang in the middle of the night. Tom Bosley was the voice of Harry Boyle, but I didn't realize that until just this week. It ran from 1972 to 1974 and since my husband was born in 1970 he doesn't remember it from first run but he really likes it now.

We've been singing the song all week:

I love my mom and dad and my brothers too
And the groovy way where we get along
Every time the slightest little thing goes wrong
Mom starts to sing this familiar song
Wait Till Your Father Gets
Until Your Father Gets
Wait Till Your Father Gets Home
Dad's not so bad
But he seldoms gets mad
And we aren't about to desert him
Kids today like to have their own way
And what daddy doesn't know won't hurt him
I think my mom's just swell
But she starts to yell
Every time we have a fuss
Just Wait Till Your Father Gets
Until Your Father Gets
See what I mean!
We Know

http://waittillyourfathergetshome.quickseek.com/

Subject: Re: Wait Til Your Father Gets Home

Written By: Gidgxx on 10/30/06 at 12:15 am

I remember that show. I use to watch that show when I was kid.  By the time I watched it was in syndication.

Written By: Tam on 10/30/06 at 12:24 am

Born in '71, I dion't think I watched it's original run - but I did watch it every night after dinner in syndication!
Loved every minute and every episode 8)

Written By: Wiffle on 10/30/06 at 12:48 am

Time Warner Cable's descriptions compare Wait Til Your Father Gets Home to All in the Family, but they were very different shows.

I was between eight and ten when it aired originally and I remember some of the kids in my jr. high (middle) school calling one of our classmates "Chet" because he had long hair and a slouchy posture like Chet on the show.

The funny thing is that I know I had recently thought of this show and the theme song, and even some of the episodes, and then last week my husband discovered that when Time Warner recently took over Comcast Cable in our area, we gained this channel. Kind of like a deja vu.

It has been a lot of fun to watch, the old Yogi Bear, Flintstones, and OMG, Pink Panther! And then in the middle of all those, Wait Til Your Father Gets Home.

Written By: Tam on 10/30/06 at 12:54 am

We have Time Warner as well - but I never realized those shows were on that late!
I am going to have to set up the dvd burner to tape those for real!

Thanks for the thread Wiffle!!! 8) karma to you

Written By: Banks on 10/30/06 at 5:08 am

This show was, and still is, a classic!!!

I watched this show on Australian TV in the very late 1970's and early 1980's, and loved every second of it.

AN

Written By: Mushroom on 10/31/06 at 11:40 am

I think I prefered "Where's Huddles" and "The Roman Holidays" to be honest.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/31/06 at 11:52 am

I remember this show. I LOVED it. Is it on, NOW?? Haven't seen it in decades.

I don't remember "Where's Huddles" but I do remember "The Roman Holidays" and I think majority of the voices were the same as with "Wait 'Til Your Father..." but I could be wrong. I just went to IMDb and they didn't have much info about either show.

Cat

Written By: Marian on 11/04/06 at 4:11 pm

I remember this show. I LOVED it. Is it on, NOW?? Haven't seen it in decades.

I don't remember "Where's Huddles" but I do remember "The Roman Holidays" and I think majority of the voices were the same as with "Wait 'Til Your Father..." but I could be wrong. I just went to IMDb and they didn't have much info about either show.

They used to have it on the Cartoon Network.
Cat

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/04/06 at 6:13 pm

It's on Boomerang if you have it. Of course it's on late.

Written By: Butterball on 12/31/06 at 10:48 pm

It's on Boomerang if you have it. Of course it's on late.

Thanks for the heads up...I'll be setting my tivo for this. Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: Snoopygirl on 01/01/07 at 5:55 pm

I saw Where's Huddles when they used to have the "Different Year" on every Saturday where they would take a specific year and show some cartoons that were on that year. Boy, I miss that :(
Did you notice that Huddles kind of reminds you of Walter Mattheau?

never saw Wait Til Your Father Gets Home on its original run but I picked up on it a few months ago on Boomerang. Not a bad show. Worth taping cause who knows when they'll decide to take it off and then it'll be years before you see it again..

Written By: Snoopygirl on 01/01/07 at 5:57 pm

I saw Where's Huddles when they used to have the "Different Year" on every Saturday where they would take a specific year and show some cartoons that were on that year. Boy, I miss that :(
Did you notice that Huddles kind of reminds you of Walter Mattheau?

never saw Wait Til Your Father Gets Home on its original run but I picked up on it a few months ago on Boomerang. Not a bad show. Worth taping cause who knows when they'll decide to take it off and then it'll be years before you see it again..

The " Different Year " thing was shown on Boomerang. Forgot to add that

Written By: brokentoy on 01/07/07 at 5:55 pm

Very cool show..i had forgotten all about it. thnking back it reminds me a litttle of the Simpsons but with older kids or maybe Family Guy. Was Tom Bosley of Happy Days fame the voice of the dad?

Check for new replies or respond here...