inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: President Ford passes away at age 93...

Written By: Doc Brown on 12/26/06 at 11:09 pm

Sad to say our 38th president died just 20 minutes ago at his home in Rancho Mirage, California.
At least his long health nightmare is over. The former prez suffered two strokes at the 2000 Republican convention and has had various age-related health maladies ever since. Some say he was the longest-lived president in history, but since he was never elected President or even V-P, I think that record should not be taken away from Ronald Reagan(but we can debate that later). He'll probably be most remembered for trying to put our country's faith and pride back together after Vietnam and Watergate. Burial will be at his library in Grand Rapids, Michigan. By coincidence, former President Harry S. Truman also passed away on this date in 1972(Strange!). Our thoughts & prayers must be with the Ford family tonight.

Your Pal,
Doc

:(

Subject: Re: President Ford passes away at age 93...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/26/06 at 11:10 pm

My husband just told me this news about 5 minutes ago. My thoughts/prayers go out to his family. RIP Mr. Ford. :(

Written By: whiteport on 12/27/06 at 2:34 pm

Sad News, I hear he was our most atheletic President, was on 2 national championship football teams at Michigan

Written By: spaceace on 12/27/06 at 3:48 pm

President Ford was pretty cool.  RIP Mr. President we're going to miss you! :\'(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 12/27/06 at 4:07 pm

Very sad news, indeed.  :\'(

He was the right President for our troubled nation at the time.  Although he was never voted for as President or Vice President (as a teen that struck me as peculiar but interesting), he did what we needed then.  He redeemed the 70s decade out of the pit of despair.  In retrospect, a great and highly respectable man.

Written By: Doc Brown on 12/27/06 at 6:41 pm

Very sad news, indeed.   :\'(

He was the right President for our troubled nation at the time.

A lot like President Bush after 9-11, I would say.

Fox News reported earlier tonight that the funeral motorcade will stop outside the WWII memorial in D.C., so Ford can pay final respects to his comrades(They'd probably have done the same with Pres. Reagan, but the memorial wasn't finished yet).
And on a funny note, the news has also aired praise and friendly farewells from comedian Chevy Chase, who mercilessly razzed Ford about his alleged clumsiness in the early days of SNL. The president and original Executive impersonator became pals after they both 'left office'.

Mr. Ford will certainly be missed.

Your Pal,
Doc

;)

Check for new replies or respond here...